March 28, 2024, 06:38:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Transfer to chemical engineering from BS in chemistry  (Read 1882 times)

Offline ugradstudent

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Transfer to chemical engineering from BS in chemistry
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »
Hi.
I'm currently an undergraduate student studying for a BS in chemistry and doing pre-pharm courses (I wanted backup career). I've taken anatomy and orgo lectures and labs. What I enjoy from orgo class was that they give you a start and an end, you fill in the rest. I like problems that are like puzzles where you use logic to solve them. I also enjoy solving math problems since they are logical. Orgo lab was less enjoyable because I get bore looking at procedures and doing them. Also, because I have shaky hands, it was annoying to do things like massing or using a pipette.

I've been looking at forums and seeing that the job markets for pharmacist and BS in chemistry are getting worse.
So I wanted to know if I should transfer to a chemistry engineering degree. Strictly speaking, I only want to get Bachelor degree right now, without going to graduate school (college debts pretty much won't let me).

If I do transfer to chemical engineering, then it will add 2 extra semesters to my expected graduation date along with (+10k-15k of debt).

The things I want from my degree are

-good job outlook being the most important
-prefer a salary of 40k+ after graduating.

Personal hobby: drawing, web design, and programming.

Sponsored Links