April 19, 2024, 09:25:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: MMS and D-Ribose and L-Cystine for glutathione production  (Read 5003 times)

tamber

MMS and D-Ribose and L-Cystine for glutathione production
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:00:31 AM »
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard of Chlorine Dioxide (MMS protocol for human consumption) and another product on the market known as cellgevity by Max....basically it's an D-Ribose and L-Cystine supplement for glutathione production. I am a health care practitioner and have clients involved in these treatments...just want to know of anything that you have heard. Would greatly appreciate some scientific ideas on the matter. Thank-you.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: MMS and D-Ribose and L-Cystine for glutathione production
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:34 AM »
MMS is a pure scam.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

tamber

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:17:54 AM »
Thanks for your reply Borek, I thought as much, but is it dangerous for human consumption or just ineffective? I have a few clients on it, and I would like to give them the best advice, I.e. whether dangerous or simply BS. Also are you aware of the D-Ribose L-Cystine issue also, or is that BS also. So many things out there at the moment, hate seeing people getting ripped. I guess I'm putting it out there to you guys, as I am not a chem or biochem wiz....wish I had have known about this forum when I was studying the chem and biochem units at uni...would have helped immensely...I have probably posted this question in the wrong forum....maybe better in the random questions section Thanks for your time anyway.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
I have yet to see anything which suggests supplementing with Riboceine is harmful, but I am also not convinced it has any benefits.  Caveat:  I don't feel that I am well enough informed to make a final decision.  I did a quick search, and it raised some questions in my mind.  What evidence is there that raising glutathione levels in the body is beneficial under normal circumstances?  Assming for the sake of argument that it is, what makes RiboCeine better than N-acetylcysteine at raising the level of glutathione when cost is factored in? 

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:28:05 AM »
Thanks for your reply Borek, I thought as much, but is it dangerous for human consumption or just ineffective? I have a few clients on it, and I would like to give them the best advice, I.e. whether dangerous or simply BS. Also are you aware of the D-Ribose L-Cystine issue also, or is that BS also. So many things out there at the moment, hate seeing people getting ripped. I guess I'm putting it out there to you guys, as I am not a chem or biochem wiz....wish I had have known about this forum when I was studying the chem and biochem units at uni...would have helped immensely...I have probably posted this question in the wrong forum....maybe better in the random questions section Thanks for your time anyway.

Dangerous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_chlorite
and after activation with acid its even worse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_dioxide

Serisously, dont use it

tamber

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »
Thank you all for your replies. After further research and asking many people including yourselves. .. MMS looks like a very dangerous thing indeed.thanks Kriggy for your links. I have actually found a way to make the Cellgevity glutathione product for a fraction of the cost and at doses that are more in a therapeutic range. These substances can be obtained  from Metagenics...Metagenics is TGA approved in Australia so that is more comforting . I'm going to try it out on myself for a couple of weeks first. It is so hard to see the facts when there is so much hype around these so called miracle cures and supps...I know there are many peer reviewed articles stating how important glutathione is...but Babcock..you are right..how effective is the suppliment and how bioavailable is it...thanks so much for your time and imput.

Sponsored Links