April 18, 2024, 09:07:09 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Mr dennis

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O
« on: February 25, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
Hi I'm not a chemist but do have a problem to solve involving chemistry, trying to find information on this compound Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O if anyone out there knows where i can get particlesize and heatingvalue for this compound or how i can calculate it, i would be very grateful . I have tried many things but came up empty I'm at the end of my rope since i don't know much about chemistry and don't really know who,where or how to search for this information.

Many thanks

Dennis

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »
I'm not an expert in the analysis of this particular chemical, but even I can see you have to ask a better question, giving us more info with regard to your application.

Hi I'm not a chemist but do have a problem to solve involving chemistry, trying to find information on this compound ...

I have tried many things but came up empty I'm at the end of my rope since i don't know much about chemistry and don't really know who,where or how to search for this information.

Many thanks

Dennis

Just an FYI ... none of this helps us understand the question.  I realize it may have been important to you to mention for some reason, but you can just as easily tell us what your expertise and application for this reagent is, jus' saiyin'.

Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O if anyone out there knows where i can get particlesize and heatingvalue for this compound or how i can calculate it, i would be very grateful .

Particle size depends on how the substance is prepared, or processed afterward, i.e. by grinding.  It can be determine with a particle size analyzer.

I don't recognize 'heatingvalue' that seems like some sort of jargon for me.  If you mean its thermogravimetric profile, then that too is determined by an instrument.

I wonder if your writing "particlesize and heatingvalue" in just that way is meant to be jargon, or a special data format inpout, or if you just forgot a space.  So you can explain your application better for us, in that regard, as well.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Mr dennis

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 10:21:24 AM »
OK i will try to be more clear in my question. Bare with me since i am translating this from Swedish, my studies is in heat and power industries and we do have our own technical jargon. Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O is an tribasic salt that has a absorber property in this case of water, when you apply heat to the compound it releases the water molecule.
I only have data for Mg3(PO4)2*8H2O who releases 2 molecules of water at 150°C and the rest at 400°C and i have the thermochemical properties of Mg3(PO4)2 where the Cp value is "51 cal/degree mol" this is taken from the book "Encyclopedia of the Alkaline Earth Compounds" by Richard C. Ropp.

So my question is has Mg3(PO4)2*22H2O the same Cp value as Mg3(PO4)2 or are they diffrent and can i then calculate it?
When i said particle size i meant grain size can a manufacturer determent grain size or are there boundaries to obey?

Thank you for the reply and i hope this is will make it more understandably.

Dennis

Sponsored Links