April 26, 2024, 08:51:38 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Boyle's Law and Dalton's Law help  (Read 1994 times)

Offline m_alrefady

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Boyle's Law and Dalton's Law help
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
Hello fellow chemistry students , i am new here and i came seeking help
>
i am from Libya , and the teaching here is utterly terrible , i use YouTube to understand 95% of my curriculum !!!
the problem is that alone cant be enough
---------
So here is the issue , my midterm is literally 10 hours away , and i am kinda stuck in solving 3 Problems ( the exam WILL contain those problems " ideas " but with different numbers ) , if anyone can help me to solve them i will be grateful

Boyle's Law
1) an experiment is being carried out at 75c in a 5 liter flask that contains an evacuated glass bulb of 400 cm^3 volume , if the bulb breaks what will be the new pressure inside the Flask ( assuming no temperature change ) ?

Dalton's Law
1) Ultraviolet light from the sun converts some of the oxygen , O2 , in the upper atmosphere to ozone O3 , if a sample at a constant Temperature and Volume is irradiated until 5% of O2 is converted to O3 what will the final pressure be assuming the Initial pressure is 0.526 atm ?

2) one liter of Hydrogen gas is collected over water at 10c and 1.053 atm . the vapor pressure of water at this temperature is 0.0121 atm if the hydrogen then is separated from the water and dried at constant temperature what will be the new volume of the dried hydrogen gas ? if the water vapor that was removed from the hydrogen is stored at 100 c and 0.0159 atm what will it's volume be ?

( problems written as they found in the book ^^ )

i really apreciate any help , hint , anything at all , i am sleep deprived and really scared that i will fail this midterm ( Because Libya is at civil war now , we only study compact semesters . one midterm half of the grade and the final for the other half ) and the professors are really terrible but use oxford curriculum !

I hope someone will help soon enough

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Boyle's Law and Dalton's Law help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:39 AM »
You have to show your attempts and thoughts at solving the question to receive help.
This is a forum policy.
Click on the link near the top center of the forum page.
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting.

Additionally, had you read the forum rules you might have noticed that we typically assist by asking questions that guide you to the answer. Therefore it would be difficult to finish all the questions you asked in such a short time line.

By the way, after a GOOGLE search on
ideal gas law problems
There were lots of suggested links like
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/workedproblems/a/bl113003a.htm
Which had a link to
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/workedproblems/a/bl011804.htm

In addition to YouTube
you might try http://www.wikipedia.org/
It gives great overviews and references

Sponsored Links