April 19, 2024, 03:55:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Gruneisen parameters  (Read 2694 times)

Offline prakhar

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Gruneisen parameters
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:34:26 AM »
Hello. I am looking for the Gruneisen parameters of LaCrO3, CeCrO3, NdCrO3, YCrO3. Can anyone suggest where can I find the Gruneisen parameter of any or all of these compounds? Does anyone already have it?

Offline prakhar

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Gruneisen parameters
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »
Anyone who can help me?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »
Anyone who can help me?

Clearly not, your question is a difficult one.  I don't know the definition, you'll have to wait for an expert for real help.  From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%BCneisen_parameter there doesn't seem to be a quick table of values online.  I can barely follow Wikipedia, but are these parameters meant to describe "real-world" statistics, or are they theoretical models only?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
I've actually never even heard of this before. Which is unusual, I've at least heard of just about everything. So that's kind of cool. :)

Have you checked the primary literature? This doesn't seem like the kind of parameter you'd find in a conventional reference book.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links