March 29, 2024, 07:13:43 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Salting a compound  (Read 3390 times)

HalfLife

Salting a compound
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:59:23 PM »
hi

i know you can make salt out of amines, alkaloids etc, for exemple adding hydrochloric acid to cafeine make it cafeine HCL
now i would like to know if this process apply to hormones ? say with pregnenolone, can you make it in its sulfate form by adding sulfuric acid ?

thanks  :)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Salting a compound
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
Does pregnenolone have a structure similar enough to caffeine for that to work?  You know that caffeine forms a salt by reacting the amine group with acid, does pregnenolone have an amine group?

I'm asking you because you should be able to learn such things yourselves, if you really have a curiosity about the process.  This isn't a "gee-wiz what-kin-I-do-next" chemistry site, we want to help people learn.

Please realize that all steroid hormones are considered drugs of abuse, juicers can use anything for the application they have in mind, and bringing up such topics on this board isn't allowed in the Forum Rules.  So I hope we can keep the discussion theoretical.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

HalfLife

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »
Does pregnenolone have a structure similar enough to caffeine for that to work?  You know that caffeine forms a salt by reacting the amine group with acid, does pregnenolone have an amine group?

I'm asking you because you should be able to learn such things yourselves, if you really have a curiosity about the process.  This isn't a "gee-wiz what-kin-I-do-next" chemistry site, we want to help people learn.

Please realize that all steroid hormones are considered drugs of abuse, juicers can use anything for the application they have in mind, and bringing up such topics on this board isn't allowed in the Forum Rules.  So I hope we can keep the discussion theoretical.

Arkon i know you try to help people learn but with an answer like that what  will i learn if i'm not put on the correct direction?
i should have said esterification of hormone instead of salting that was a mistake, and no pregnenolone doesn't have an amine group and since sulfuric acid is not a carboxylic acid it wouldn't work i guess ?
so how does pregnenolone sulfate is made then ?
keep in mind i'm still new to this and trying to learn
where did you heard that ALL steroid hormones are drugs of abuse ? are estradiol or progesterone  drugs of abuse ? steroid hormones doesn't equal anabolic hormones! and pregnenolone is certainly not a "juicer" hormone, it's like saying tyrosine is a amino acid of abuse because it convert to dopamine so it shouldn't be discussed
and pregnenolone sulfate is a neurosteroid (but no it doesn't make you brain bigger and stronger so you can lift weight by telepathy )

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:17:37 AM »
Estradiol and other estrogens are certainly juicer hormones.  Once injected, muscle tissue definitely responds to them the same way as it does to testosterone, despite obvious systemic differences.  Properly maintained university labs definitely keep all steroids under strict control for legal reasons.  Goggle it.  I won't be arguing with you on this topic again.  Our policy is not to discuss self-medication under any circumstances.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:53:20 AM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

HalfLife

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »
Estradiol and other estrogens are certainly juicer hormones.  Once injected, muscle tissue definitely responds to them the same way as it does to testosterone, despite obvious systemic differences.  Properly maintained university labs definitely keep all steroids under strict control for legal reasons.  Goggle it.  I won't be arguing with you on this topic again.  Our policy is not to discuss self-medication under any circumstances.

you don't know what you're talking about, do you ? go tell a bodybuilder that estrogen is a juicer hormone and he will laught his ass off ! this is the first time i heard of such a thing, it make me wonder if you are not trolling ?? 
and who discussed self medication ? not me ! i don't even understand how the f*** did you came to the conclusion, i'm juicing/self medicating or whatever is in your head, are you okay ?? maybe some sleep will benefit you
let's me make it more crystal clear for you
i'm talking about the process of esterification of a hormone since i don't understand how it work to add a sulfate group to it, got it ?

you really choosed the right avatar to discribe youself Tweek Tweak, lessen the "coffee" 

and fyi http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Pregnenolone-100-Caps/dp/B000GTADRU
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:37:14 PM by HalfLife »

HalfLife

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
why delete my post? it's because i was right ? that's childish

doesn't matter...
i will just repeat what i said, no one here beside YOU talked about self medicating/taking anabolics etc...  for  reasons that are beyond my understanding
the thread was about the sulfate esterification of pregnenolone not about some imaginary juicing or don't know what, you don't seem to stop going off topic it seem
AND pregnenolone is not an anabolic steroid as you seem to think, it's the precursor to all the hormones in the body and it's sold as supplement for AGES but that's NOT relevant to this topic!!
and NO estradiol IS not an ANABOLIC STEROID, you don't know what you are talking about and what you say about it doesn't make any sense, that's a FACT and not an INSULT, if you can't handle being wrong it's not my problem and i shouldn't receive a warning and see my post deleted because YOU think i was insulting you when in fact i was responding to IMAGINARY accusation and nosense

now if you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say about my ORIGINAL question then don't respond

Sponsored Links