April 23, 2024, 01:14:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how to spray dryer copper nitrates??!!  (Read 2595 times)

Offline mehdimahmoodi

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
how to spray dryer copper nitrates??!!
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »
hi.
i have a question about spray dryer, i already appreciate you for your attention.
i had a 100 ml of water soluble copper nitrate (Cu(NO3)2.3H2O) (50 wt% water ), i.e.. my solution contains 50 g water and g copper nitrate as above mentioned formula) and used Mini Spray Dryer  and at last i just gain about 10 g of dried powders of copper powder!!! i think this is because this powder is very Viscous and almost 80 percent of it precipitated on walls of chamber of this devise , can you help me with this problems?!
or just clarify exact parameter for adjustment the devise for this solution or Proposal some additional matter to solve this issue. 
best regard

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: how to spray dryer copper nitrates??!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:23:23 AM »
Generally, when spray drying something, say milk or eggs, the solution is "slurryed up" with excess water so its spray better.  You're doing something very different, making a very strong solution of soluble solid in water.  Also, what can you tell us about your drying conditions -- how warm is it in the chamber, and do you pull a vacuum to dry things better.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline mehdimahmoodi

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: how to spray dryer copper nitrates??!!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »
hi thank you dear friend for your answer, i set chamber temp. on 180 0C (degree of centigrade). thus based on your advice its better to i repeat my test with different ratio, for ex. 20 wt%, (20 g of copper nitrate  based solution and 80 g water)?! indeed, i use Mini Spray Dryer B-290 – Particle technology in the lab. you can see poster of it in attachment.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:14:39 AM by mehdimahmoodi »

Sponsored Links