April 18, 2024, 01:36:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Prefered Hatrwig/Buchwald catalyst/ligand for ArCl's and aliphatic HNR2?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Reddart

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
Looking to react a secondary aliphatic amine with an aryl chloride. The aryl chloride will have weak EWG on it, it that makes any difference. I have used Pd2dba3(corrected) DPPF in the past with secondary aryl amines and aryl bromides, but I gather that chlorides are not as reactive as bromides.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:24:16 PM by Reddart »

Offline pgk

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +97/-24
Please, take a look to references that concern the aryl chlorides, at the following link:
http://www.princeton.edu/chemistry/macmillan/group-meetings/powerpoint-ian-buchhart.pdf

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
Are those couplings generaly aplicable to diamines for ring formation?

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Please, take a look to references that concern the aryl chlorides, at the following link:
http://www.princeton.edu/chemistry/macmillan/group-meetings/powerpoint-ian-buchhart.pdf

Reddart, bear in mind that pdf presentation is 13 years out of date and there have been advances since 2002.

I don't know which ligand is best for arylating secondary amines with aryl chlorides, I guess probably P(tBu3) (Hartwig) of BrettPhos (Buchwald), or even Buchwald's 3rd Gen BrettPhos-Pd precatalyst, but there are a lot of papers on the subject - you just have have to do a literature search for examples closely resembling your system.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline pgk

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +97/-24
I fully agree. Besides, that pdf presentation was an indicative reference and not a detailed literature search up today.

Sponsored Links