April 19, 2024, 12:01:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Which fields make money consistently?  (Read 3674 times)

Soggy Box

Which fields make money consistently?
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »
I'm tired of being poor, I like the sciences, I have my tuition covered by a scholarship for my AS, and medicine seems to have been nerfed heavily by Obamacare. I wrote in Biochemistry and CIS as my majors, with the CIS certification allowing me to do IT work to pay off the rest of my education. Is Biochem a good investment? Is Chemistry in general a good investment financially?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:28:13 PM by Soggy Box »

Offline Irlanur

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +32/-4
Re: Which fields make money consistently?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 03:46:25 AM »
to the question in the title: Prostitution. that buisness survived all kind of kings, religions, etc.

I don't know all the abbreviations you used, but in general, there are probably easier fields to make money than chemistry. But then again, times are changing so fast that no one can predict this for the timespan of your life.

Soggy Box

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:01:27 AM »
to the question in the title: Prostitution. that buisness survived all kind of kings, religions, etc.

I don't know all the abbreviations you used, but in general, there are probably easier fields to make money than chemistry. But then again, times are changing so fast that no one can predict this for the timespan of your life.
I suppose prostitution falls under Anatomy and Physiology, i'll keep that door open for now. I only went on here as I hear Petroleum and Chemical Engineering can be quite lucrative, but that might just be an over representation of the top 10% earners. I want to get the perspective of people who work in the fields totted around by news sites.

firarezeso

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Petroleum is a great choice! A friend of mine works with Total and he is earning a lot of bucks. Personally I think I can't... I hate corporation, they are the ruin of our world!

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
Be aware that oilfield operations are very cyclic, with service companies adjusting their workforce by 30% within a year. Downstream, the activity may be more constant.

Offline eskil

• Mole Snacks: +0/-7
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »
War, gambling on the stock market with other peoples money. Well apart from that radiochemistry is lots of money in -- or so i have heard.

Sponsored Links