April 24, 2024, 04:07:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Absolute Quantification in Mass Spectrometry using Isotope Labeling  (Read 1546 times)

Offline iterro

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello!
I need help regarding the analyzation of one mass spectra but over two different m/z ranges.

I got a specific a compound (C) and its deutereted analogue (C_D). I don`t know the concentration of both in the mixture, because the professor just didn`t tell us. But what you can see in the spectra is a 1:1 ratio of the intensities at an m/z range over 800 (one peak from a fragment of C and one peak from the same fragment but deuterated). At that range, the compounds just have a charge of 1+. At the beginning, I was assuming, that the mixture also contains a ratio of 1:1 of C and C_D.... BUT when I look at a different m/z range at around 580 (both compounds have a charge of 2+), the ratio of both compounds is not 1:1 anymore, but 1:2. The deuterated compound C_D has a higher intensity than the normal C. How can that be?

I was thinking, that both compounds should show the same pattern and intensities over all m/z ranges....
Hope someone understands my problem and can help me there.

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links