April 26, 2024, 08:25:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Searching for chemicals and other laboratory stuff  (Read 2475 times)

DavidFincham

Searching for chemicals and other laboratory stuff
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
Hi, what is the best way to search for some chemicals online? Is it necessary to hand pick distributors one by one and check prices and delivery dates individualy? Or is there any other way around?

Thanks

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
Re: Searching for chemicals and other laboratory stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:28 PM »
Hi, what is the best way to search for some chemicals online? Is it necessary to hand pick distributors one by one and check prices and delivery dates individualy? Or is there any other way around?

Thanks

If you shop around you will save money but you have to cost up your time investigating the, often trivial, differences between suppliers.

Best way which requires very little effort is to go to a supplies company who buy up quality material at discount and then undercut the original supplier.

This works really well because you get a good service if you are spending reasonable amounts.
“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

DavidFincham

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »
So, are there any price-checking websites, where I could shop around and not waste that much of time, particulary Europe based? And could you please specify this supplies company-original supplier relationship? I mean I cannot really paint the picture yet. Thank you for your time.

Offline Archer

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-20
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 03:09:42 AM »
So, are there any price-checking websites, where I could shop around and not waste that much of time, particulary Europe based? And could you please specify this supplies company-original supplier relationship? I mean I cannot really paint the picture yet. Thank you for your time.

There are price check websites but these are not always great.

ChemExper
https://www.chemexper.com

Is a good one in my experience.

“ I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. ”

Denis Leary.

Sponsored Links