April 18, 2024, 03:37:05 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: suggest a Journal which doesn't need mass spectra data  (Read 4426 times)

Offline pinke

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
suggest a Journal which doesn't need mass spectra data
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »
Dear all

I want to publish a paper on synthesis of novel compounds. i have got the characterization data includes,TLC, HPLC Chromatograms, Melting point, UV-IR, 1H nmr, 13C nmr only, we could not get the Mass spectral data. ACS and RSC has mentioned to submit MS data too. Now please tell me will they accept a paper on novel compounds with out Mass spectral data ? if not kindly suggest me some good journal names which doesn't insist on ms data (if you know any ), I am new to publishing , i don't have much knowledge over choosing  suitable journals. please help me.

Thank you

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
Re: suggest a Journal which doesn't need mass spectra data
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 05:57:03 AM »
Cant you get the MS data? I guess you can try to publish it without MS if you have sufficient data from other methods, it still might get accepted.

Offline pinke

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:40:03 AM »
Thanks for replying kriggy..

we don't have Mass spectroscope in our university, we have to book slots in other organization to get that data then i have to courier my samples to them and finally it would take nearly 3 -4 weeks to get the final spectra, because i don't know when would i get my turn. i don't want to wait for a month only to get ms spectra. sufficient data means, i have TLC, HPLC Chromatograms, Melting point, UV-IR, 1H nmr, 13C nmr , would it be sufficient ? please conform it. thank you

Cant you get the MS data? I guess you can try to publish it without MS if you have sufficient data from other methods, it still might get accepted.
Dear all

I want to publish a paper on synthesis of novel compounds. i have got the characterization data includes,TLC, HPLC Chromatograms, Melting point, UV-IR, 1H nmr, 13C nmr only, we could not get the Mass spectral data. ACS and RSC has mentioned to submit MS data too. Now please tell me will they accept a paper on novel compounds with out Mass spectral data ? if not kindly suggest me some good journal names which doesn't insist on ms data (if you know any ), I am new to publishing , i don't have much knowledge over choosing  suitable journals. please help me.

Thank you

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:23 AM »
I dont know, it realy depends on the journal. The problem I see is that review process might take much longer than 3-4 weeks and I would definitely get the spectra if means that the paper will get published in better journal. Best is to check the author guidelines for the journal you want to publish it in and then you will know for sure

Offline pinke

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
ACS, RSC has mentioned MS spectral data too in their author guidelines. i am new to paper publishing stuff, so please kindly suggest me some good journals ( If you know any ), which does not bother about m.s spectral data. Thank you

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »
suggest me some good journals ( If you know any ), which does not bother about m.s spectral data.

Generally, the the more respected (i.e. "good") journals demand complete characterisation data.

If you aim lower, there are journals that will accept without MS. Tetrahedron Letters is one that springs to mind.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
If it takes 3-4 weeks to get an MS spectrum because you have to outsource, go ahead and submit the article where you want, and by the time reviews come back, you should have your data. You can then include it in a revision.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline pinke

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
Thank you so much Dan and Corribus :) this is really a nice idea, i will submit with out MS and will include it later on .

Thank you once again ...

If it takes 3-4 weeks to get an MS spectrum because you have to outsource, go ahead and submit the article where you want, and by the time reviews come back, you should have your data. You can then include it in a revision.
suggest me some good journals ( If you know any ), which does not bother about m.s spectral data.

Generally, the the more respected (i.e. "good") journals demand complete characterisation data.

If you aim lower, there are journals that will accept without MS. Tetrahedron Letters is one that springs to mind.

Sponsored Links