March 28, 2024, 03:29:55 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 4 questions giving me a hard time  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Junior0020505

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
4 questions giving me a hard time
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:14 AM »
Need help with these four questions....for the first one regarding the arrow mechanims i know that it's secondary, which means, it can go any route... However, the nucleophile and reaction conditions identify H2SO4 as a strong acid. Acidic conditions favor both SN1 and E1 , there is a triangle, which indicates heat. Heat is favored by E1 and that is confirmed because product contains a double bond, indicating an elimination reaction had to occur.....for the second one ikno that there is sunstitution going on NACN...thank you for your help.(questions are attached images)

5. (10 pts) Please provide a reasonable arrow-pushing mechanism for each of the following reactions. Note: be sure to show all resonance structures (if any), lone pairs, and formal charges!

20 pts) Propose rational syntheses for the following molecule from the starting material given. You may use any additional reactants/reagents that your synthetic route may require.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: 4 questions giving me a hard time
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »
You have to show your attempts to receive help, this is a forum policy.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links