April 18, 2024, 05:24:11 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Can anyone help me to separate suspended solids from a juice?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline nishanth

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Can anyone help me to separate suspended solids from a juice?
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
Hi All,

I need a solution for my issue.

for a process, i am squeezing the shrimp shell waste and removing the water from it which gives a juice sort of liquid during the squeezing process.

this juice has about 5% of suspended solids in it, and I need to separate the suspended solids in from the water. I NEED THE SOLID PARTICLES ALONE AND I DONT NEED THE WATER.

for this i tried in lab centrifuge with 5000 rpm and it gave complete separation. based on this I bought a disc type centrifuge with 7200 rpm and installed it. now when i run it, the separation is not proper.

since this is meat particle, i am not able to do the separation using cloth medium. And separation with centrifugal force happens only with an rpm above 5000.

Suggest me any other method of doing it like adding coagulant or floculant or and other mechanical separation without altering the structural nature of the meat particle.

Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit
Email removed according to forum rules
Duplicate post removed due to forum rules
This is a forum policy.
Click on the link near the top center of the forum page.
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=65859.0

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:55:04 PM by billnotgatez »

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Can anyone help me to separate suspended solids from a juice?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »
I am not sure why filtration is not appropriate for your needs.  With respect to centrifugation, the RPM of the centrifuge is related to, but is not the same as, the the most important variable, which is the relative centrifugal force (RCF).  Besides RPM, you need to know the diameter of the rotor in order to calculate RCF.

Offline ATMyller

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +31/-6
Re: Can anyone help me to separate suspended solids from a juice?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 05:03:44 AM »
How about finer mesh filter or evaporative methods like freeze drying.
Chemists do it periodically on table.

Sponsored Links