April 25, 2024, 01:18:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: MestRe-C 2.3a suddenly doesn't show appropriate spectra  (Read 4523 times)

Offline naitsabes

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
MestRe-C 2.3a suddenly doesn't show appropriate spectra
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »
Hallo everybody,

I have a problem with MestRe-C 2.3a. I analyze my (1H-) NMR spectra with MestRe-C 2.3a - therefore I normally open the FID file, which I have to fourier transform first.

The problem now is: Since yesterday, MestReC suddenly shows nonsense when I do this (see attachment). After FT it just shows a flat line at the top. When I open the "real part"-file (I don't know if thats the correct/common english word, but when I open this file, I get an already transformed spectrum), the program says "Failed to import acqus file. Importing aborted."

Looks like some file is missing, but when I open the same files at the university-computer (also with MestRe-C 2.3a), everything is working fine, like always (I also see that the acqus file is there).
When I use MestReC with from my own computer, the problem occurs, whether I use the MestReC application saved to the hard disk or the one on the USB stick.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Thank you!

Offline naitsabes

Re: MestRe-C 2.3a suddenly doesn't show appropriate spectra
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »
I have tried to start the same MestReC.exe file from the USB stick with another computer in the mean time, opening the same spectra -> everything fine.
Strange thing, I wonder what could be wrong with my computer, because the program isn't installed to it, but just started from the .exe-file which works elsewhere.

Now it seems to me to be more of a computer-problem, than a problem with a false setting in the program (but I'm not sure). Which means this is not the best place for my question..
But maybe anybody has had the same problem and knows what to do.

Offline Doc Oc

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +48/-12
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
Often times changing the type of machine will clear this up. When you try to open the FID file, in the bottom left corner of the dialog window there's an option to choose the type of NMR you are using. 99% of the time Varian VXR-Unity or Bruker WinNMR work. See which one the university computer is set to and make sure yours is set to the same one.

Offline naitsabes

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:59:45 AM »
Funny coincident, I came here the first time after weeks (didn't expect an answer anymore), just after you posted this.

And changing this setting works! So simple, though it would not come into my mind.

Thank you VERY much!

Offline Doc Oc

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +48/-12
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:11 AM »
Happy to *delete me* I obviously had a similar struggle, so it's good knowledge to share.

Sponsored Links