April 20, 2024, 08:14:09 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Help. My Username and all posts vanished!???  (Read 13161 times)

Offline Doc.AElstein

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Help. My Username and all posts vanished!???
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »
Hi ( Again )
I registered yesterday. And did some Introductory posts Today. I also had a reply from Arkcon

Then suddenly I could no longer Log – in,  and all my posts and replies to Posts were removed.???

Strange. Can you explain?
Thanks
Alan Elston.

P.s. I just re registered again successfully using the same name and password as before.
Hello. I am an ex Practical Physicist, who still reads Old Books and Old Articles. I only occasionally use a Computer. Please be kind to me.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Help. My Username and all posts vanished!???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:22:10 AM »
Please don't post links to random Excel spreadsheets nor other Office documents. They can contain malware, so to keep the forum safe I routinely remove accounts of newcomers that post these things for no apparent reason.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Doc.AElstein

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Help. My Username and all posts vanished!???
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:09:32 AM »
@ Borek
Hi Borek,
   I am very sorry for the bad start.
. -   my first line in a question I had already drafted to post in the Organic Chemistry Forum was..

” .. Hi, (I am Alan, my first time here..  Please be forgiving for anything i do wrong ( I read the Rules!!, - and practiced in the “sandbox!” )...” 
_ .. but I was “killed” before i got that far!

_ I originally posted an introduction in the “Introduce Yourself” Thread. Stupidly I tacked on some questions that I had overlooked would have been better placed here in this “Comments for Staff and Comments from Staff”.  Arkcon kindly replied to one question, per PM , directing me to the “Sandbox?” Thread. I noted that the content would be deleted now and then in that Thread. I stated I was practicing the file attachment possibility, and posted those Excel Files.

_ Arkcon further kindly redirected my introduction Post to the “Comments for Staff and Comments from Staff” Forum as I had outstanding questions..
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=83833.0
 It may then with my introductory comments appeared to be an out of place "wall of text"  , which of course compared to many other introductions it was very moderate, and was appropriate for the “Introduce Yourself” Thread. But again the fault lies clearly with me for not noticing the “Comments for Staff and Comments from Staff” Forum. I did attempt to explain in a reply to that redirected Post, quoting the PM contact with Arkcon, - but that reply was of course also removed with that Thread. Hence a lot of confusion caused by my incompetence in posting.

_ I apologise again for my bad start. I very much appreciate efforts of you guys in helping people in Forums such as this one. I am sure the “Admin” side can be a pain when newbies like me get it wrong and post badly.

_ I expect the way forward now would be for me to simply repost my brief Introduction. Then wait a bit to see how that goes down before attempting to post a question. I had read thoroughly the Rules, but  i shall do so again in the meantime. I appreciate the point about the “wall of text”. I intended to be very clear, short and precise with my questions, but then, at least in my first post, give a further short explanation to the background for the question as this might be found  helpful to someone. Or could be helpful for future reference.

_ But I certainly do not intend to make a habit of posting rambling Threads.

Many thanks again, and a last sincere Sorry.
_.....

@ Arkcon
  Many thanks for the helpful advice, per PM. Sorry I do not seem to be able to reply to PM

Alan Elston
Bavaria
Germany

P.s. I have a couple of outstanding questions. I will start a new Thread or Threads in “Comments for Staff and Comments from Staff” Forum, - I hope that is the correct procedure.
Hello. I am an ex Practical Physicist, who still reads Old Books and Old Articles. I only occasionally use a Computer. Please be kind to me.

Sponsored Links