March 29, 2024, 04:45:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Some quantum problem  (Read 10283 times)

jin_lz

Some quantum problem
« on: August 08, 2004, 02:04:30 AM »
hi there,

I have some problems with quantum mechanics problems. I wonder if you could help me with some pointers?

1st q: The fundamental frequency for gas 14N-16O is 1904 cm^ -1. So in oder to find the force constant of gas molecule using the simple harmoinc oscillator model,

Should I divide the isoptic mass number of 14N and 16O by the Avogardo's Constant? Or can I just immediate use the isoptic mass number.

2nd q . When 14N-16O is bounded to a hemogloblin moelcule, an abosrption band of 1615 cm^ -1 is observed. When any NO molecule is bounded hemogloblin, the mass of oxgen is becomes infinite, as O is bounded. How can I estimate the vibrational frequency of the bound 14N-16O from the vibrational frequency of gaseous NO.

frequency = 1/2pi  (k/u)^ -1/2    ;k = force constant
u, effective mass = (m1*m2)/(m1+m2)
3rd q In a moelcule, exists 8 pi electrons. And these electrons can move in a straight line of 0.880 nm, in a particle in a box model.

I would like know how to caculate the ratio of the no of molecules in first excited state (an electron in the lowest energy state ), to a sample of molecule to a ground state of a "sample" at 24,000k?

Assume the above sample has an abosrbance of 0.735 at 325 nm in a 1cm cell, and the the molar absorption concentration is 50 000M cm^ -1.
How to find the concentration of sample.

Thanks you very much.

Sponsored Links