March 28, 2024, 07:17:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615323 times)

Offline Sam (NG)

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +12/-3
  • Surface Modification
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
Hi, my name is Sam, I'm a 3rd Year undergrad chemist at The University of Nottingham.  Will be doing research this summer on DMSO reductase type enzyme metal centres.

Offline Farid

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2007, 10:22:03 AM »
Hello everybody.

Well, I'm from Poland and I'm 15 years old. - It's the most important I think. I like chemistry because It's nice to know what's  going on around me and know that "It isn't magic". In future I'd like to study chemistry in GB or in USA.

So, that's it. : )

in case...  skype : fariid_92

my regards for you

Offline Vindictive

• Very New Member
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »
Hey Guys,

It was interesting to read all the introductions.

I'm currently studying Medical Chemisty @ the University of New South Wales Sydney, Australia. I've been interested in chemistry since the age of 11, and have enjoyed every second while learning this intriguing science. The reason I had chosen Medical Chemistry is because I also have a keen interest in the diagnostic areas of medicine - mainly that of analytical pathogen studies. This course basically gives us the ability to utilize chemistry concepts/theories, thus creating medications to fight infectious diseases (this is my main interest).

Soz for the misunderstanding with the other thread, I'm new and couldn't seem to find the "Introduction Thread".

Peace to all, and enjoy life.

Offline Le Aeronautical

« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »
Hey everybody,

I am James.  I live in Wisconsin.  A teacher of mine who taught me Chemistry and Honors Biology told me about this forum sometime last year.  Currently I am a Senior in High School, and I am in AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP History, and AP government, followed by four other classes.  My favorite has to be the physics, but for what I like to do it just isn't complete without the Chemistry.  I have a small rocket club.  We operate at my grandparents farm.  They sold their cows a couple years ago so we confiscated their milk house for our lab.  We are currently working on experimental rocket motors using Black Powder and Rocket Candy.  We have allot of connections I guess, my friend just got a hold of an unlimited supply of titanium tubing for motor casings, and I have an uncle with a lathe and a mill.  And another member has a father who works in a metal shop of sorts.  It's quite convenient.  Right now I have Electrolysis going on in my kitchen making some rust.  Tonight I am going to try the dangerous bleach to steel wool experiment to make rust.  All in the name of Thermite.  After I high school I am going to college where I have been accepted at the University of Alabama in Huntsville to major in Music and Aerospace Engineering.  Anyway, I figured I'd introduce myself and let you all know what I like to do in my free time.  This forum seems like it will be very beneficial to my rocketry club and myself.  I also hope to contribute.

Also, soon I'll have a website up for our club so you can all see videos and pictures.

Thanks!

Matt Lacey

« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
Hello, I figured I needed a new distraction, so here I am :P

I'm Matt, from southern England, I'm 21, I currently work for Merck at Chilworth in an R&D lab researching liquid crystal-based optical films for applications in display technology (transflective displays, viewing angle/colour compensation etc) and data storage (coloured cholesteric-based films for digital multilayer disks - awesome)... for now, until I have to go back to uni for a few months to finish off my Master's.

Aside from liquid crystals/polymer chemistry I'm interested in materials science in general, electrochemistry, and biochemistry to some extent. This forum seems nice and animated, I look forward to posting here more often!

-Matt

Offline babylyss

• Very New Member
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2007, 06:26:18 AM »
I'm just a student that's really committed! :) :) :) :) 19years old!! very joyous and can't stay one place for too long.. i've got to be on the move..

Offline skribble

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2007, 03:08:24 AM »
Hullooooo. I'm Brendan, from the good old land of Australia. I work for a company producing interactive flash applications and I design and create flash games/video games in my spare time. The reason I've recently gotten in to chemistry is because I'm going through a point in my life where I want to know how the world works, why everything does what it does; and I figure that I should know what the basic elements, that the world is made up of, do first. So, hopefully I don't annoy you guys too much and I can get some knowledge into me :D

Offline temporal

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »
Hi! I am a beginner chemistry student. I like this forum and I would like to learn a lot out of the many knoledgable people over here!

Offline kim2007

• Very New Member
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2007, 02:47:52 AM »
hi my name is kim and im a freshman in college.... im a really committed student and id like to have a B.S in biochemistry.. im really interested in how things work and why some things happen and others don't... anyway im here to learn...

Offline kiwi

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-0
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2007, 08:31:02 AM »
Hi, I'm a PhD student in organic chemistry in NZ. I have a dual chemistry/biochemistry undergraduate background; my PhD work is primarily synthesis, with a little enzyme kinetics for good measure.

Offline Alpharius

« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2007, 07:07:20 PM »
Heyy~ Hows it going? Names Alpharius, Im currently taking Gr 12 chemistry in Highschool, not too good at it but im gonna keep trying lol  Hope i can get some help XD

Offline ms

• Very New Member
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2007, 07:45:04 AM »
 :) right I am a second year chemistry student here at the University of the South Pacific
in the Fiji Islands which is nothing compared to what you do in the States ,That is all.

Offline sabah

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2007, 08:05:26 AM »

Re: Chemicalforums Incentive Program
« Reply #56 on: Today at 02:03:24 AM » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hillu Guys... i hope everyone is doing good  well.. now lemme introduce myself.

My name is Sabah and my nick name is Soni. i am a 1st year univeristy of Toronto @ scarborugh student taking all sciences in my 1st samester which ofocurse is killin me and my midterm exam is on my way   the funny thing is i dont even know A, B, C   lol.. hmm... Although i am struglling with chemistry and physics, i really love chem. because its  a very interesting subject but phsyics is a little dry subject.. so naaaaa physics is not my type. If anyone is able to help me with chemistry i will be very thankful   you can add me on my email kutekiran4u2003@hotmail.com  and ya if anyone wants to know more about me.. feel free to ask me.   

Offline Rudi

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »
Hello everybody, my name is Rudi. I'm from Germany. I hope to meet some X-ray crystallographers here for knowledge sharing.

Offline Sev

• Mole Snacks: +43/-6
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2007, 12:00:56 AM »
Hi.  I live in Brisbane, Australia (all my life).  I am a first year medical science student at QUT (Queensland University of Technology).
I fell irreversibly in love with chemistry in highschool.  However, my course is mainly biology orientated, so I come here to get my chemistry 'fix'.

Nice to meet you all.
Sev.

Sponsored Links