April 18, 2024, 03:58:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 618082 times)

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2008, 07:31:30 AM »
Hello all,

Graham here,  I started out life as an undergraduate in Biochemistry (Toxicology) in the UK (Surrey Uni).  However, my carreer had other plans and I "drifted" into analytical chemistry (mostly HPLC but some UV, IR FTIR, GC and LC-MS-MS).  I did My MSc in the UK (Loughborough) before heading for new opportunity in Canada, initially in Montreal now Mississauga.

Virtually all of my 20+ year carreer has been spent in the field of drug safety assessment for  contract researchand working in a GLP regulated environment.  It's a world of tight deadlines and rigid procedures but a awful lot of variety.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline karina

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
hey everyone.. wsup?  i'm karina form Trinidad... i'm in my final year doing my degree in physics actually.. major in physics and 2 minors in environmental physics and materials science.. just doing a year 1 chmistry course for the extra credit...

just saying hi...:) the forum helps ALOT!!! with my labs... 8)

Offline The Roseate Spoonbill

• Mole Snacks: +3/-6
  • Alkalis in Water! YEAH!
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »
This is my first post! woo!

I was born in Southern California, and I am a junior in high school. I like to study electricity, chemistry (obviously), Sound Reinforcement, Foreign languages (currently German, and Chinese), and history. I play the cello, guitar, and the piano.
   I like to listen to Loreena Mckinnett, Elliott Smith, Korn (if I can find a modest, censored album) Radiohead, and Oren Ambarchi.
   -   I am a major n00b at most of these things.
        -    Oh, I also like to throw knives at things, and make them stick. HA!
Take extreme care. That vial contains neon.

Offline TaSt3MyRa1nBoW

• Mole Snacks: +9/-543
    • TASTE MY RAINBOW BITCHES!
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
HI EVERYBODY!!!
I AM RAINBOW-SOON TO BE THE MOST NEGATIVE SCOOBY SNACKED FORUM CHICK AROUND MUAHAHAH!
*I HAVE A DOUBLE BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN IT AND IS
*I HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
*I POSSESS ABSOLUTELY NO CHEMISTRY BACKGROUND
*ACCORDING TO SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM, NOT POSSESSING A CHEMISTRY BACKGROUND MAKES ME LESS INTELLIGENT THAN THE REST OF YOU
*I AM A SMART ASS
*I LIKE GUNS, THEY ARE FUN AND PRETTY, ESPECIALLY P90's, M16's, 12-gauge shotty's, and MINI UZI's yummy yummy yummy!!! (knives are fun too though)
*I LOVE LOVE LOVE VIDEO GAMES, I GET PAID TO PLAY THEM WOO!!!
*PLEASE TAKE AWAY SNACKS FROM ME!!!

*Yes I Crank It Everyday, Haterz Get Mad Cuz...I Got Me Some Bathin Apes!

~K BYE!~
*Yes I Crank It Everyday, Haterz Get Mad Cuz...I Got Me Some Bathin Apes!

Offline undcvrbro1

« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2008, 06:50:42 PM »
I've been lurking the forums for a month or two, but this seems like a good time to let myself be known.  I'll be an undergrad for Chemical Engineering in Fall '08.  I enjoy artichokes, math, and anything remotely related to chemistry. 

Offline Vortex

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
I am Iliodoros from Athens-Greece. I have a diploma from the Technological university of Thessaloniki in Technology-agriculture with speciality in Animal production. I am 25. Nice to meet you all.

Offline jilinrika

• Very New Member
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
im not sure if this thread is still active but still, id like to introduce myself..

hi, im geleen 19 yrs of age currently an undergraduate student of B.S. Chemistry at the University of the Philippines.. i just hope i'd get to find new friends around the world that share the same passion as mine, chemistry! hopefully, i'll learn a lot from the people here.. i wish someone would reply to me..  ;D

Offline Think2Much4UserNames

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
  • How to modify "Language" in the personal profile?
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2008, 03:34:35 AM »
Hi there, Happy Summer everyone!   8)
I am a new member and I joined 3 days ago. I found this forum when I was searching for university ranks. My name's Joshua Lai and my cantonese name is ManKit :P. I'm from Hong Kong in the southeast Asia, but I've been studying in Vancouver in B.C. of Canada for 3 years now. After this summer, It's going to be my last year in high school. I'm going to miss all my friends from high school as well as my high school life :-[ but I'm getting excited for university while finding universities to apply for!  ;D

Next year, I'll be taking AP chem and geology as my science courses and calculus and statistics for maths. I'm not very good at chemistry but I'm also not that bad either. Since I was a kid, I had a very wild imagination and I thought about fantastical things wherever I go maybe because of Lego toys, cartoons and movies. I tried writing novels about fantasies but I gave up in the very beginning, there I thought writing might not be my thing. I wanted to create it, use it and see it with my own eyes  :P. Not to mention I also play video games when I was a kid, I played Little Fighter 2 (LF2) which probably most Asians my age know, It's a little fighting game some Hong Kong people created. And I remember I always pick the flame type characters, I found these characters magical and I was really ownage using them.  :P

As I grew older to my elementary school life, I learnt a bit science of every branch and a bit of chemistry, and the teachers would bring us to science world and there we saw a scientist putting a broad leave of cabbage into a cold container of liquid and hits it hard onto the table, the cabbage broke to little pieces. There I found chemistry magical ever since! So here I am, taking AP chem to know it more and now living in a world of chemistry along with my imagination to create.

I feel a bit bad that my knowledge isn't enough to answer most questions in this forum, the only ones I understand are at the high school category. I am really happy that everyone here is from a different culture and able to interact with each other with their knowledge and their own love in chemistry. I LOVE THIS FORUM! I hope to meet more people here and learn from you guys. So yeah, that's all it is about me and my first exposure to chemistry, thanks for reading! ^^

Joshua Lai
Carbon footprinting is fun! Fill out the simple form in the website below to find out your current fuel admission.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/green/dp-now-epacalculator.0913,0,2076806.htmlpage

{ The worst thing to do is to ignore and wait for change. If you want a better living, why not try and be conscious? }

Offline SarahA&M

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »
Hey,

My name is Sarah and I am a grad student at Texas A&M.  I'm a second year working for my PhD as an inorganic chemist.  My research focuses on using nanoparticles to target tumor cells and deliver a PDT agent.  I was very bored today (I should be in the lab :-\) but I decided to take the day off and do absolutely nothing.  So hi.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »
Hi Sarah, more graduate students spending their spare time at Chemical Forums is always a good thing.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
Hello Sarah.
Say hello to my buddy Ryan L..
He starts graduate school at A&M this fall!

Offline SarahA&M

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2008, 06:34:49 PM »
Oh really?  what division?  I'm inorganic.  Yeah I'm really bored today...

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
To be honest, I am not sure. He just got married last week and we did not talk much about that.
I am not really sure who he will be working with, if that is even lined up.

He did however get really nice fellowship on top of the stipend.

Offline SarahA&M

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »
And that is the second biggest reason I went to A&M  :P

Low cost of living... high end of salaries for schools... great fellowship

and I really wanted to work with Kim Dunbar

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2008, 12:49:33 AM »
I like my low salary and high cost of living, just fine. :p
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links