April 25, 2024, 08:02:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619159 times)

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »

Offline tabby124

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »
As I stated in another thread, my name is Tabitha. I am quite new to this forum and to 10th grade honors Chemistry at my school. Though my chemistry skills are not yet developed, I assure that I will contribute as soon as I mature in chemistry.
Furthermore, my passions playing saxophone and electronic technology.

Offline Per

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Per and I am from Sweden. I just started studying chemichal engineering at the university. I like watching series and rock climbing. See ya  :)

Offline dzoys

• Mole Snacks: +4/-2
  • undergrad
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
hello! my name is joyce and i am from queens nyc.
my parents are emigrated from serbia in the 70s, i was born in 79.
science and math was something i always had a knack for. i ventured into just about every other major possible so i guess i have spread myself out thin over the years. now-a-days i have narrowed my focus, re-earning my credits for math and science since i got so rusty. it turns out i am still competitive in biology and chemistry. i get nauseated very easily upon working with any sort of living or dead tissues.
fortunately, i can turn off my emotions when in chemistry, where my competitiveness (is that a word?) and perfectionism can roam freely without anyone telling me "you think too much" or "take it easy" or "this isn't necessary"

so i am rookie at my tender age of 28 but also blessed bc i feel like i am doing the right thing for once as far as my education goes. so far my proficiency has improved and my confidence is restoring itself nicely.
one good thing about postponing my chemistry studies ten years is the internet revolution! lately i have found great material online, particularly links from this site, where studying is a media party as well  8)

i like to work out almost everyday, listen to music, cook, think, read, twilight zone, alfred hitchcock, netflix, garden, makeup, dresses, and heels- the higher the better. if i were to describe myseld 3 years ago, there would be about 150 more words to list  :P

not sure what i will be doing in the field as of yet. right now i am taking it one day at a time, learning all i can to prepare myself.
She wasn't history. She's just a number. - Blondie

Offline Astrokel

• Mole Snacks: +65/-10
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
hey all, i haven't intro myself since i joined. My name is Kelvin and i'm 18 and taking my A level this nov, after which i've to serve army for 2 years. 4 years back when i first took chemistry i flunked really badly and hated the subject, until i have this senior whom asked me if i understood chemistry and i said not at all. Then he told me chemistry actually means Chem-Is-Try, and have you tried?(long story after that) Since then, i have decided chemistry is what i want to do as a passion and job. I've planned to study chemistry or environmental engineering in uni after army, and contribute more to this forum. This forum is great with really many people willing to devote their time to help others. God bless!

Kelvin
No matters what results are waiting for us, it's nothing but the DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tutoring

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
Hi, new here.

I used to be good at chemistry at one time, 1sts all the way through uni, then onto a Masters, then a PhD. But I have a feeling I've lost it.  I've been in IT for a few years, and need some scrubbing up, since I'm probably going to start tutoring for a while.  I'm not even sure if I can tutor gcse right now, so I hope to catch up here and see if I can get the grey matter thinking in chemistry once again :)

Hi all! 

Offline Soderquist

• Very New Member
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »
Hi, I am surfing the net to find a chemistry forum for my husband. He has time in the evenings and would love to participate in discussions.
He is a professor of chemistry at the University of Puerto Rico in the Phd program. Of course, he is addicted to chemistry, boron... :D He also does consulting for pharmaceuticals. He is in Spain and Poland this week for talks, so I have a lot of time to search a nice site for him.
Janice

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2008, 03:02:54 AM »
He is in Spain and Poland this week for talks

Where in Poland?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline enzzz

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »
Hi,
my name is Henri and I am from Estonia.
I'm 16 years old and in 10th grade. I really started to enjoy chemistry just a month ago since before 10th grade I wasn't very motivated, but after changing the school I feel like discovering all the secrets of life with chemistry : ). So now I'm trying to build myself a clear model of life. Found this forum on google as I was seeking help for some questions I needed answers to and was glad that help came even earlier than expected : ).

Offline Mr.Konami

« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »
hello , i am a new member 17 years old , studying to be an engineer .

i am good in chem , however our teacher doesn't like me coz i am annoying him. but now we got a new chem lab teacher  :Dshe's pretty  ;D

Offline azmanam

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +160/-24
  • Mediocrity is a handrail -Charles Louis d'Secondat
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
I've been hesitant to add here.  Anonymity is fine with me.  But I guess it wouldn't take too long to Google me away, anyway.

I'm currently a 4th year PhD candidate in synthetic organic chemistry at UNC-Chapel Hill.  I got my BS in chemistry from Xavier University, Cincinnati.  (Can you guess how I made my picture on the left?) My research focuses on spiroketals and spiroketal-containing natural product synthesis.  I'm also the webmaster of our research group's homepage.  When not doing chemistry, I enjoy politics.
Knowing why you got a question wrong is better than knowing that you got a question right.

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »
Well, might as well post since I don't believe I've done so.

I'm a 4th year Chemistry major at the Illinois Institute of Technology.  I've did 1.5 years of lab work in an organic lab, and now I work with a professor on Fe3O4 nanoparticle and use in cells as T2 contrast agents.  I looking into grad schools right now and I would like to do something having to do with Drug Development or Drug Design.

I'm originally from Plymouth, MN, and attended public school there.  I also took one year of college courses my last year of highschool at the University of Minnesota.  This helped shaped my desire to go to a smaller school when ONE SECTION of my organic chem 1 class had >800 students in it (just ONE section!!).  Then my organic 2 class had >250 students.

Offline fedaai

• Mole Snacks: +1/-5
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
hey..
my name is Hasan, 20 years old, now i'm in my 3rd year of studying Chemistry Science At university of Bahrain. I'm also a trainer at GPIC which one of the beggest petrochemical company in the GCC. ;)

as soon i'll start my garduation project & i'll be happy if any body here accept to be a freind with me. :-[

my email is: fedaai@Hotmail.com

Offline h20dude

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
HI everyone,

I am new as well, a chemical engineering student in Texas. Just found the forum today and am glad I did... ;D

Offline Missthelab

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »
Hi, my name is Tonya.  I have a B.S. in chemistry, with an unofficial minor in materials science engineering/mechanical engineering.  I have a Master's in Polymer Science, and am currently on extended hiatus (maternity/childrearing) from my PhD work at University of Florida in the Materials Science and Engineering department.

I was an industrial researcher for 7 years, mostly in the field of UV curable coatings, where I did some formulation, but primarily did lots of polymer characterization and problem solving.  My M.S. research and other professional work has been in the area of colloid and polymer chemistry, primarily in the field of personal care product development (hair and skin care mostly). 

Lyotropic liquid crystals are my special area of interest and expertise, and my PhD work was in the area of utilizing lyotropic liquid crystals as capsules in which to perform biomimetic synthesis of non-equlibiorum structures of calcium carbonate (and other inorganic crystals). I am not sure I will return to that exact application of my interests when I return to UF.

Optical microscopy, Atomic force microscopy, and SEM are some of my favorite tools for analysis.  I also did a lot of mechanical and thermal (and thermomechanical) analysis.

I currently dabble by writing techncial articles for lay people on the chemistry behind hair and hair care.  I also hope to homeschool my daughter, so I am interested in learning about neat and interesting ways to teach science to her as she grows.

Sponsored Links