March 28, 2024, 10:38:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615339 times)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2010, 12:46:50 AM »
@Stryker321 Nothing at this website should be restricted. What exactly is the content you are trying to access?
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline here2learn

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »
I was born in West Covina California, but lived my early-early years in the city of El Monte.

Hey cool my wife is from La Puente right by there! we are actually thinking of moving back this coming summer.

Anyway! Hello Everyone!

My name is Kaelin, i am 25, i currently live in Hawaii and go to the University of Hawaii, i am originally from Ohio, but i spent some time in the army where i lived in many places including, louisville Kentucky, San Antonio Texas, and Louisiana.  I returned from a 15 month tour in iraq a year ago and seperated from the Army to focus on Family and School.  My wife is an Army nurse and Stationed here in Hawaii so thats how i ended up here. i have kind of bounced around with my interests at school but ive always liked chemistry. im currently a biology major but if my family and i move to Cali i think im going to change it to biochem. thanks for reading about me, hopefully i can get some help, and even help some others. -Kaelin "here2learn"

Offline terriermon

« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2010, 08:01:39 AM »
hello everyone,
my name is Derek,i am a hong kong guy
16,in secondary 6 having 3AL subjects
chemistry is one of them,Emm,which i got the worst result
and.i hope this forum can help for this

Offline nesst1

« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
Hey, what's up everyone? My name is Travis and I'm a senior at a small, private school in MI, graduating in December 2011 with a BS in Chemistry. I hope to go to grad school after, I'm interested in drug metabolism. I am in biochem right now and really enjoy the course too. I'm also studying for the GRE, general and subject tests right now..

Offline Fluorine

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +22/-5
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »
Hello everyone.

I love chemistry very passionately, only second to pharmacology (not "pharmacy"). I am down to Earth, early 20s age, living in southern California, USA. I am aiming for a B.S. in chemistry and then PhD. in neuropharmacology if possible, or else pharmacology.

Interests:
- Drug...discovery, binding/docking, MoA, LADME, SAR, pharmacokinetics/dynamics, toxicology, etc.
- Serotonin receptors (their structural elucidation, esp. 2A)
- Botany
- Mycology
- Chemistry...medicinal, organic (esp. synthesis)
- Laboratories
- Halogens (esp. fluorine)

Disinterests:
- General chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Religion, philosophy
- Unwelcoming/rude people

Users are welcome to contact me.

-Fluorine
I'm still learning - always check my work/answer.

"curse Pierre Jules César Janssen!"

Offline Klever-Won

« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2010, 12:19:25 AM »
Whats up,

I hail from Seattle, Washington,
I am a senior in high school,
I am an AP Chemistry student.

Possibly thinking about a career in chemistry,
joined this forum in search of more information.

Offline Nevorula

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
Hey!

Well, I have a feeling I am one of the youngest people around here, but anyway. ^^
I'm still in secondary school, love chemistry - inorganic mostly for now because I never really got a hang of organic - haven't studied it yet.

Um, yeah, I'm going to study chemistry when I finish school and I'm here to see what kind of questons people come across while studying chemistry and also to meet new people that have the same interests as me. ^^

Offline Ari Ben Canaan

• Mole Snacks: +3/-2
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2010, 03:59:41 AM »
Hey!

Well, I have a feeling I am one of the youngest people around here, but anyway. ^^
I'm still in secondary school, love chemistry - inorganic mostly for now because I never really got a hang of organic - haven't studied it yet.

Um, yeah, I'm going to study chemistry when I finish school and I'm here to see what kind of questons people come across while studying chemistry and also to meet new people that have the same interests as me. ^^

Actually, I'm in Secondary school too.

Offline Nevorula

« Reply #293 on: December 06, 2010, 02:40:00 AM »
Hey!

Actually, I'm in Secondary school too.

Have you decided what are you going to study after you finish? Is it going to be chemistry? :)

Offline Ari Ben Canaan

« Reply #294 on: December 06, 2010, 07:04:01 AM »
Have you decided what are you going to study after you finish? Is it going to be chemistry? :)

Yup, Its gonna be chemistry, alright :D

My aim is to become a biomolecular engineer :D

What about you ?

Offline Nevorula

« Reply #295 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »

What about you ?

Same here, just not too sure what specific part of chemistry I want to study... Inorganic chemistry seems the most fun at the moment. ;D

Offline Ari Ben Canaan

« Reply #296 on: December 06, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »

What about you ?

Same here, just not too sure what specific part of chemistry I want to study... Inorganic chemistry seems the most fun at the moment. ;D

Well, chemistry FTW !!! ;D

Physics is.... :P

Offline MrDark09

• Very New Member
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
So I've decided to be a chemist.

I am 19 years old and live in Kansas. My name is Jordan. I am a high school dropout. I just enrolled in some community college courses for this next semester.

I recently have been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, and coming to realize my incredible ignorance and uselessness. For the past three years, I've basically been doing nothing, besides half-reading books and random articles online, and smoking a lot of weed. I have a strong interest in philosophy, and rarely find concepts that stump me, but of what use is that? I had been so satisfied with myself, so convinced that I could do anything (my *online* girlfriend was always ready to confirm that >.<), that I lost all motivation to do anything. (If I know I'm a genius, and don't need anyone else's opinion, then why do anything at all?) Also, I have bipolar disorder which went undiagnosed for a long time, and was very disruptive to my education and general functioning.

I've stopped smoking and drinking completely, and got rid of my online girlfriend, and now I'm making an effort to actually be something. I have no interest in things other than art and science. I was thinking about something artistic, like animation or film making, but I honestly don't think I'm good enough to make a career of that. So, science: I was in the gifted program in school, and was balancing chemical equations in fifth grade and enjoyed it very much, but after that I didn't do anything with it, dropping out before I had the chance to take high school chemistry. I've skimmed through a few textbooks and it is still very interesting to me.

From what I've said, I know I probably don't seem very bright, but I always scored very well on standardized tests, and as I mentioned before, I was in the gifted program, one of the only two in my class of 65. I'm not saying it's that impressive, just that I'm bright enough to do this.

So I'm going to spend my Christmas money on chem supplies and try to teach myself as much as I can, and go to college for it, AND join this forum meet some other chemists and chemistry students who might be able to challenge me and help me clarify my goals.

Offline Tom Jensen

« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2011, 04:23:19 PM »
Hello,
My name is Tom and I am in search of a soap/detergent chemist familiar with Wetting Agents/Surfactants, Polyphosphates etc. Hopefully somebody who works in that industry. I have zero chemistry in my background. Also, is there a section of the forum where these types of questions should be asked?
Thanks,]
Tom

Offline keven

• love friends, love life, love my business
    • ExcellentChem
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:15 PM »
hi, everyone!
happy to know you! welcome visit our company website excellentchem.

Sponsored Links