March 28, 2024, 01:12:56 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615359 times)

Offline Silppuri

• Mole Snacks: +3/-1
  • Laboratorian
    • Symbiosis
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »
23-year-old male from Finland. I joined the forum because there aren't too many places where you can talk about chemistry with savvy people, and this fills that need quite well.

I like programming (finished a few Symbian C++ projects), spiders, scorpions, mobile devices, technology, fixing and opening car parts and mechanical devices just to see how they work. And all that other geeky stuff.

I'm a laboratorian (study time three years) and I'm working in a factory lab at the moment. I'm not quite sure how people tend to use the title laboratorian in the English speaking countries, but I'm not qualified to do any of that medical stuff, such as taking blood samples etc. I'd need to study four more years for that. I'm only doing titrations, playing with the devices and all that in a non-medical lab.
If you add 1,00 litres of ethanol to 1,00 litres of water, you get 1,92 litres of solution.

Offline Radd

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 03:44:11 AM »
Hello,

My name is Eli and I am from Vancouver, Canada.

I have an associates degree in Fine Arts with a couple of years of experience in the video game industry. I am now at Langara College and transferring to the University of British Columbia to pursue a Bachelors of Science with a major in Chemistry.

Offline Gennifer753

• Very New Member
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
Hello everyone i am from castingate, nice too meet you people.

Offline Organic_lover*

• Mole Snacks: +1/-2
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
Hi there! I'm from Brazil and a graduate student of Chemistry (Bachelor). I'm here to exercise the concepts that I have learned and to remember some other things ^^''' My labor camp is in Natural Product Chemistry and I wish to continue to work with it after I graduate :)

So that's it. Oh, I'm interested too in make some new friends :)

Bye-bye o/
"Nothing in life is to be feared, only understood. Now is the time to understand more to fear less." {Marie Curie}

Offline Smoke

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »
Hello everyone.  I go to Eastern Washington University to study professional Chemistry (approved by the American Chemical Society).

Hopefully I can get to know you all.  I plan on applying myself here by using all the resources I can.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
Welcome Smoke and Organic_lover*
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline mohitjmehta

• Very New Member
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
hi,
i am from India perusing master .planning to gain knowledge from here,as well as giving back to community.
i am also good seo but its my hobby only. ATM chemistry rocks !! 

Offline justukyte

« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
Hi, I'm a final year student from Lithuania and am willing to study science that has to do with chemistry and biology, but mostly chemistry. For example, biochemistry, pharmacy, genetics, molecular biology... Well, I still don't know what kind of university I'll be in, but it's very soon to find out..  ;)

I came to this forum to improve my chemistry knowledge, since I believe my inorganic chemistry is terrible, whereas I get top grades in organic chemistry.

Well, making new friends is also fun, so I'm looking forward to know you all :)

Offline gibsonsggt12

• Very New Member
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:18 PM »
Hey Im Ryan

From Melbourne Australia. Im in my last year of High school and going on to do my Bachelor Of Science and Major in Chemistry. Im still not sure of what to get my PhD in after that (if yous have any ideas of whats good in the chemistry field, let me know please). Im hoping that there is a spot on this site where I can start off to learn some new things, but not to difficult so I can slowly progress.
Anyways im happy to be here now.

Offline tunak

• Very New Member
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
Greetings everyone, my name is Peter, Iam 21 years old student of the millitary chemistry from the Czech Republic. I like chemistry and astronomy.

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
the millitary chemistry

Care to elaborate?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline mpv

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Hi there. My name in Mihai (you can call me Mike),i am 17 years old, and momentarily I am in the 11th grade at highschool.

Offline curiousnoob

• Very New Member
« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:51 AM »
Hello everyone,
After stalking for a moment, i think i'm glad to join this forum  ;D
My name is Made, i'm from Bali, Indonesia. I'm an under graduated chemistry student in Udayana University.
I'm interested to learn about chemistry because i think with chemistry we can see the around things with another perception ;D
I think i'm not too well in English, so maybe i'm not writing too much,
but i'm glad to answer any incoming questions  :)

Lastly, nice to know you all  :D

Offline Wave57

« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2012, 01:22:12 AM »
Hey.

My name is Jake and I'm currently a junior in high school. At first I was interested in pharmacology, but after taking Anatomy and Physiology, I realized my interst in the medical wasn't there. The chemistry interest is definetely there and I'm loving it. I'm planning on taking AP Chemistry next year (along with AP Calculus).

I know that I want to do chemistry in college and onwards, but I'm not sure which field to go into. I really hope this forum can help me out with finding this out.

Other tidbits: I love music (I can play drumkit, and some guitar), I perform in a drum corp and a choir. My favorite artists are The Beatles, The Smiths, RHCP, The Pixies, The Zombies, Radiohead, and much much more.

Offline fuyuki_kaze

« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
Hi, i was wandering around and i was reading some interesting chemistry books
but i want to discuss with someone-w- not to be alone
also, i have a lot to ask some professionals-w-

well, i am a high-school chemistry student from Hong Kong, love chemistry.
but i am quite disturbed by how should i choose what to study in the university, and my future jobs,
nonetheless, my relatives suggest that i should go for accountants because they make big money.
Ha~

well, i wish i could meet someone having same interest as mine (ofcos=w=

sorry for any grammatical mistake as English is not my native language=w=

Sponsored Links