March 19, 2024, 06:05:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 614641 times)

Offline maverick1996

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
  • 1st Year Chemistry student
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #450 on: April 18, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »
Hey guys!!

Kinda new here and in my first year studying Chemistry at Oxford :)

Offline mikasaur

• Mole Snacks: +27/-1
  • Chemist in training
« Reply #451 on: April 19, 2016, 03:48:46 PM »
Welcome Maverick!
Or you could, you know, Google it.

Offline Sush_eera

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #452 on: June 16, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
NEW HERE>I am a pre medical student at the University Of The West Indies. helllooooo

Offline Shivambi.c

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2016, 03:12:21 AM »
Hello all! Myself Shivambi from India. I joined here to share and receive some valuable information on chemical manufacturing :). Hope to have good time here.

Offline Whitis

• Very New Member
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »
 hi everybody, I'm David from Columbia, South Carolina. Now I’m taking Chem2 and Ochem is going to be taken the next semester. The reason I registered here is that I have never been good at chem, that’s why I was looking for any helpful websites. Hope to improve my knowledge in chemistry with the help of this forum.

Offline kamiyu

• Mole Snacks: +8/-7
« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »
Hello, I am a 3rd year PhD student in University of St Andrews working on inventing novel organic electronics. I will graduate soon. I am happy to discuss chemistry science and career with you guys here.

Below is the link to my ResearchGate. There you can have a brief look at my research so far.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #456 on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:40 PM »
It is never too late to learn.
AWK

Offline jasongnome

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
  • Chemistry teacher.
« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
Just joined the forum today.

I'm a former microbiology technician and now a chemistry teacher and head of science in an international school teaching the British curriculum. Lacking the easy resources and people to bounce ideas off this could be a useful place for me to get extra advice on tuning up certain practical work.

I do a LOT of practical work and have run science clubs in both the UK and here (I'm proud so say that my students did get a first place in a Salters' chemistry festival while teaching in the UK). I like to do some more obscure practicals and am happy to give extra advice, particularly safety advice to those wanting to try out something a little different, or having trouble getting something to work.

When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. (Albert Einstein)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #458 on: September 02, 2016, 06:14:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline bootlegengineer

• Very New Member
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2016, 12:48:45 PM »
Hi! I'm bootlegengineer and I'm 22. I'm a novice pyro technician and love the chemistry behind it. Because I'm not certified, I do NOT make explosives aside from gunpowder (below 15 lb), But I hope to receive training at Penn State and become qualified for a Federal Explosives License. I've always been interested in demolition, mining, and military strategy through the use of explosives as well as the chemistry behind them. I want to one day become a legal manufacturer of explosives to serve both the industry and the millitary. I also want to maybe one day invent my own type of explosive.

I find it sad that terrorism has given volatiles such a bad name and made it so hard to trust people with explosives, but I doubt that will ever change. That's OK though because explosives are an extremely dangerous thing and should NEVER be given to the wrong hands, which is why I support the tight regulation. But instead of making people PAY for a license, why can't the government just hold special training for people who want to become certified in the explosives industry? That way, only the trustworthy can obtain certification AND they won't have to pay monthly for a license, because, sadly, there are some people who can't afford it, like me.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #460 on: December 12, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »
Hi! I'm bootlegengineer and I'm 22. I'm a novice pyro technician and love the chemistry behind it

Welcome to the forum.

Please remember per forum rules we don't discuss pyrotechnics. That is, there is nothing wrong with some theoretical aspects, but no recipes and no practical details.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline rs20

« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2017, 10:35:00 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm an electronic/software engineer who dabbles in an occasional bit of novice chemistry -- recent examples being a failed attempt to try a bit of copper electroplating (well, I did achieve electroplating, but the finish was awful), and the incredibly complex synthesis that is the preparation of Neodymium Sulphate from Neodymium Oxide. I'm also partway through building an NQR spectrometer for fun (optimized for Cu), which to be fair is much more of an electronics project than a chemistry project!

I look forward to exchanging chemistry advice for electronics advice!

Cheers,
Robert

Offline 0xFFFF

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2017, 09:52:30 PM »
Hey people,

I think I'm the equivalent of some sort of chemistry amoeba. My knowledge of chemistry in general is bound by my Googlefu and YouTube.
Thoisoi2, TheBackyardScientist, Cody'sLab, NurdRage, Periodic Videos and Applied Science are a few examples of the people I follow on YouTube.

My interest in chemistry comes from my work in security research. I spend a lot of time reverse engineering electronic security equipment.

-Kev

Offline OxideHelium

« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »
Hello everyone, I am a newborn extremely dummy of chemistry but I would like make it my new hobby, i'm 35, came from Poland, and it's all so far, do you have some more questions send priv or here.

Offline OrganicDan96

• Mole Snacks: +20/-1
« Reply #464 on: December 09, 2017, 02:51:48 PM »
Hi I'm Daniel i am a 4th year Mchem student at a university in the UK. I am currently doing a research project in synthetic organic chemistry.

Sponsored Links