March 28, 2024, 10:35:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615338 times)

Offline chenshuuu

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2006, 11:37:47 PM »
Glad to be a new member of this forum.

I am Patrick, 24 year old, in progress in my study of PH.D. I am major in Analytical chemistry including Raman, IR,EQCM,SPM etc.

Wish to know more friends here!

-----------------------------------------------------------
chenshucs@hotmail.com

Offline english

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +31/-10
  • grad student
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »
Well, I'm k.V., just a little nickname I go by.  I am currently in my 3rd undergraduate year.  I went to a local community college where I live in Brunswick, GA USA for a year and then transferred to a university a couple hundred miles away, Georgia Southern, where I started my first new experiences as a biology student.  Then I realized after a year that I was focusing more on chemistry and it did not take me long to realize the truth----that I was more interested in the minuscule nature of things rather than the large ones.  So I just switched to chemistry last year and am now in my 3rd undergraduate year.  I plan to graduate in 2008 and continue on for my Master's.  I still haven't decided what to master in; hopefully it will come in the next year.  I am thinking of toxicology or something related.

If a Ph. D is suitable for the field I choose I might go for it as well.

Well as of now I spend my time slaving over organic molecules.   :P

Offline Hispania

• Senatus Populus Que Romanus
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2006, 04:28:39 PM »
Hello, I´m from Spain (OLÉ).

Now I´m working in a environmental laboratory (water, wastes, metal alloys, sound...).
I´ll try to write English correctly.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2006, 07:55:50 PM »
oula.. gracia..
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Hispania

• Senatus Populus Que Romanus
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2006, 11:40:36 AM »
oula.. gracia..

Hola..gracias..

I think it´s easier to learn than English.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 02:47:12 PM by Hispania »

Offline Korokian

• Mole Snacks: +3/-2
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2006, 12:45:33 AM »
hey everyone, i am a highschool student taking ap chemistry and i'm new here, so i look foward to talking  to you guys

Offline JeReMy_Grindcore

• Very New Member
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2006, 12:45:25 AM »
 ;D ;Dyo yo.i'm jeremy from malaysia.i'm 17 and it's nice to post here.wtf?anyway i hope to blend in here and..ok chaoz

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:33 PM »
hey people... i have been a member for a pretty long time, but then i finished AP chemistry and i have not logged one so much to this forum... but i have not abandoned it...

either way i am 18 high school students, currently looking forward to applying to schools and want to major in materials engineering, specifically nanotechnology and its applications to fuel cell development, that is to me the easiest subject and by far the one that has kept me pretty interested.  I am in Miami, Florida, was born in Medellin, Colombia, and currently attend MAST(MAritime and Science Technology)  Academy (don't let its name confuse you, its a public high school, not an Academy). 
currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Offline DevaDevil

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +55/-9
  • postdoc at ANL
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
Hey all,

I posted some in the regular threads before checking out the general forum, so it's about time to introduce myself.

My name's Dennis; I finished my Masters in Chemical Engineering in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Currently I am a graduate student in a strange construction: I will obtain the degree from Leiden University, Netherlands, but will obtain my data and publish for (and get paid by) Argonne National Lab in Chicago.

The subject I am working on has hardly anything to do with chemical engineering anymore: Electrocatalysis and fuel cell research. Also I improve on physics and physical chemistry working here with all the surface analysis techniques (electron and X-ray techniques). Including working with the synchrotron here.

Well, 3 and a half more years to go.

Offline FeLiXe

• Theoretical Biochemist
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-7
  • Excited?
    • Chemical Quantum Images
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2006, 08:34:55 AM »
Doesn't seem like I have introduced myself here.

I am studying chemistry at the Vienna University of Technology (which is actually kind of too technological for me so I might change). It's my third year. It seems like I might go into theoretical biochemistry. Definitely theoretical chemistry. And now that I found out that you can use it for biochemistry I am kind of happy because I always liked biochemistry but I thought it was too far away from "real chemistry" ...
Math and alcohol don't mix, so... please, don't drink and derive!

Offline Alkemist

• Very New Member
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:09 PM »
Hi there!

I've lurked this site for quite some time now. My name is Jaber and im 20 years old. Im an undergrad student taking up a double major in Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at the Mapua Institute of Technology here in the Philippines, hopefully i will be graduating this coming december, if i complete my thesis on time that is :-\.

Looking forward to posting...

Offline Ψ×Ψ

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +8/-4
  • ooh, shiny!
    • carbon-based curiosities
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2006, 12:15:18 AM »
Undergrad chemist in the US.  Too many interests to name, but nothing biological is among them.  For the time being, I'm focused on organic materials and wondering why my attempts at synthesis seem to fail so miserably.

Offline saN

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2006, 07:41:34 PM »
Hi there,

I am currently an ungraduate attending University of Colorado at Denver.  My major is Chemistry. I joined this forum to get help, educate myself, and chat with others interested in Chemistry.

Long

Offline watchayakan

« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2006, 12:36:24 AM »
Hello, my name is Mike.  I'm in the IB Diploma Programme, and if you have experienced it yourself, you know that it is a fairly rigourous course, especially chemistry.  I generally like the science, but the workload for that class is killer.  I am currently in the midst of my Group IV project, which is due on Monday of next week, so my life is pretty much revolving around it.

Offline ercistry

• Very New Member
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »
Hello.  My name is eric and I'm currently taking my first college chemistry course (chem 101!)  I was planning on being a biology major, but after taking this course im strongly considering changing my major to a chemistry/chemical engineering major.  Any UVa folks in here?  hollaaaaa!

Sponsored Links