May 08, 2024, 07:44:04 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: forgotten chemistry  (Read 3836 times)

greenheron

forgotten chemistry
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:51:33 PM »
Sorry about having survived to 70, and I have forgottten some of my chemistry and hope you will help me.
If I have an aqueous solution of 4.0 grams ascorbic acid, 2.175 grams of L-lysine (from 2.76 grams of
L-lysine monohydrochloride), and (A) 450 mg of calcium (carbonate), 250 mg of magnesium (carbonate), and 99 mg of potassium (bicarbonate), what are the products and their quantities?

Also, if instead of (A), we have (B): 225 mg of calcium (carbonate), 125 mg of magnesium (carbonate), and 49.5 mg of potassium (bicarbonate), what would the answer be?

Thank you for your time in helping an old geezer.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: forgotten chemistry
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »
Sorry about having survived to 70, and I have forgottten some of my chemistry and hope you will help me.

You're forgiven.  I mean, what? I mean Hooray ...for you, ... un-unless you don't want us to?

If I have an aqueous solution of 4.0 grams ascorbic acid, 2.175 grams of L-lysine (from 2.76 grams of
L-lysine monohydrochloride), and (A) 450 mg of calcium (carbonate), 250 mg of magnesium (carbonate), and 99 mg of potassium (bicarbonate), what are the products and their quantities?

That's an oddly specific question.  Where did you come up with it?  Also, why do you assume anything would happen?  Or less than too many things to count?

Also, if instead of (A), we have (B): 225 mg of calcium (carbonate), 125 mg of magnesium (carbonate), and 49.5 mg of potassium (bicarbonate), what would the answer be?

Hey, one at a time.

Thank you for your time in helping an old geezer.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

greenheron

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:58:06 PM »
It's my buffering scheme for my Linus Pauling Coronary Artery Disease Protocol. I don't want stents, etc.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 06:03:51 AM »
Okay, please trouble yourself to read the Forum Rules{click}, we don't give people advice, on this board, for self medication, for liability reasons.

Listen, if you're following Pauling's direct recipe, you're taking some risks, says modern medical science.  But you can't apply your own modifications to that, and expect that to be OK.  Maybe your doctor is understanding enough to give a professional balanced position on Pauling's plan.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

greenheron

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 12:29:09 AM »
My apologies, Moderator. I withdraw my question, apologize to the forum, and say Farewell.

Sponsored Links