April 19, 2024, 02:44:21 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Mystery aparatus (glassware, presumably for gas chemistry)  (Read 1705 times)

paulfw

Mystery aparatus (glassware, presumably for gas chemistry)
« on: July 14, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
I got some very nice glassware from the university, most of it obsolete or about to be trashed because of downsizing. Lucky lucky! When I was given the chance to "shop around" before everything was gonna be thrown out, I pretty much grabbed what I could. For some of the things I'm not sure what exactly they are for, but I can at least make some educated guesses. There is one aparatus that puzzles me however. I've asked around with staff and students if anyone knew but nobody could tell me what it is so far. The seperate parts consist of a bulbous chamber, at one end connected to a spiral cooler with a reservoir (bottom) and at the top not connected to the same chamber but separated by a septum and connected to another joint socket. penetrating this septum is a small hooked tube running into the chamber that can itself be stoppered, and a cold finger condenser drips exactly into the other end of that tube.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sffq0gcdh0xe2t6/2016-06-24%2017.11.57-1.jpg?dl=0

I put it on a flask myself to prop it upright, but it's not originally part of the setup.

Sponsored Links