April 25, 2024, 01:10:25 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how do I achieve neutral Ph mixing salt water and apple cider vinegar  (Read 2147 times)

Offline davitt

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am not a scientist. I am a chef. I am making hot sauces and am looking for a ph neutral filler for the sauce made from equal parts of 6% acidic apple cider vinegar and salt water. the question is how much salt to add to 100ml of water to add to 100ml of cider vinegar to make it ph neutral. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Neutralization this way is impossible. The acid taste may be lessened by sugar addition.
AWK

Offline orthoformate

• Mole Snacks: +14/-4
I am not a scientist. I am a chef. I am making hot sauces and am looking for a ph neutral filler for the sauce made from equal parts of 6% acidic apple cider vinegar and salt water. the question is how much salt to add to 100ml of water to add to 100ml of cider vinegar to make it ph neutral. Any help would be greatly appreciated

In order to neutralize the acetic acid, you need to add a base like sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). I don't know what bases taste good, but if you find a base you want to use you can post it here, and I'll calculate it out for you.

Sponsored Links