April 23, 2024, 08:46:14 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: EO/PO Block Copolymer Vs Alcohol EO/PO  (Read 2670 times)

Offline husley

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
EO/PO Block Copolymer Vs Alcohol EO/PO
« on: July 27, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm working with foam control applications and would like to know what EO/PO chemestry is better for breaking foam (both antifoaming and defoaming). What chemestry is superior between EO/PO block copolymers and EO/PO Alcohols?

Thank you very much
Kind regards

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: EO/PO Block Copolymer Vs Alcohol EO/PO
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:55 AM »
Hi There - I am sorry, but I can't answer your question fully. No one has answered so I thought I'd share what I know. We use antifoaming molecules. We find that they all seem pretty similar in the applications we use. We've tried various techs including polysiloxanes and the like. Each time we looked at a new defoamer we have just ran a few trials with several different types and went with the ones that worked and which were then the lowest cost.

In short, I think it depends on what you have in your system as to which type of defoamer is best.

Sorry I can't give you anything more than you know already wrt your EO/PO chemistry. Maybe you will just have to run a few tests to see what works best, or maybe someone else who actually knows what they are talking about will comment.  ;D  Good luck anyway.

P
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: EO/PO Block Copolymer Vs Alcohol EO/PO
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:28:22 AM »
On thinking about this further I would suggest contacting your supplier of antifoams and outline to them what you have exactly and see what they suggest. I think there are new products coming out all the time in this area and they might have something new and improved tailored to your system.
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Sponsored Links