March 29, 2024, 06:47:20 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemestry vs vandals  (Read 3237 times)

Aery

Chemestry vs vandals
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:04:56 AM »
Hello, I'm writing because I need to stop some vandals to pee and poop in front of my house.

I've read somewhere that exists a substance that reacts with corporal fluids producing some stinging (but otherways innocuous) fumes. Does anybody know something about it? Could you help me? Every suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Chemestry vs vandals
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:03 AM »
I haven't heard of such a substance. What about a flood light on a motion sensor, or perhaps a pit bull?
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +135/-16
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
I saw that somewhere in  (?)Germany they are using very hydrophobic paint on the wall so the pee is bounced back on the vandals legs

Aery

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »
Thank you. The problem is that the area is public, so I can't use the pit bull solution, and it's plain. They're doing their things on the pavement. :( I've heard from Germany too, but it's a paint usefull only on walls.

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:26:29 AM »
the spot light sounds like an idea - company that with a video recorder and a link straight to you tube. If you can afford to put up a screen too so they can see them selves blown up on it doing their business it might embarrass them enough to stop.

Have you tried shouting obscenities and abuse at them from you window when you spot them doing it? Or simply calling the police? - if you have the video evidence of someone taking a dump outside your house also then I am sure the police will arrest them.
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Aery

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:58 AM »
We're talking about Roms (also known as Gypsies). They do their needs under sunlight and I don't think they will be ashamed by youtube. Moreover I think It's illegal put a camera on a public space, and there is no question that a monitor will be immediately stolen. They're aggressive and unconcerned, if I shout at them from my windows I will only obtain retaliation, and they're better than me at shouting. I'm afraid of direct contact. I also have been to the police: they said they can't do anything about it, because they can't guard a pavement for days. So... I'm trying to find a chemical solution.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »
Annnnnd, we're done.  Thank you to everyone for playing, but I've locked this thread to further comments. 

Our rules are subtle, but clear enough if you try to understand them.  Basically we don't give help on how to hurt other people, but the O.P. probably wouldn't care even if it were pointed out. 

We frequently get questions on how to maim, annoy, hurt, incapacitate, kill other people with this magic reagent or that magic process.  And there have always been technical solutions to these problems that never work, like the a fore mentioned lights or cameras, so how is the chemical going to be dispensed?  People need to defend themselves against pirates, or dissolve a rock in front of their door, when a mundane solution, like a gun or a crowbar would work just as well, or not any better.  So what does this thread matter? 

Simple.  The O.P. wanted to make a racist rant, because elsewhere on the internet, this would be met with a chorus of "Oh yeah, I feels for ya bro.  Try some aqua regia, you'll get all that Gypsy gold afterward."  Well ... not here.

Let me depress you further Aery:, the Romanni are humans.  And by definition, for all humans on this planet, our nature is to be crafty.  You may have convinced yourself that they're going to be mystified by some random technique, but they have Google capable phones too.  And they'll just turn your trick against you.

*Thread Locked*
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links