March 29, 2024, 09:10:07 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: {Reissert compounds}  (Read 20612 times)

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: {Reissert compounds}
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 07:33:59 AM »
It is possible to sent messages  -search profile or member list.
AWK

Offline Rutherford

• Mole Snacks: +60/-29
Re: {Reissert compounds}
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:03 AM »
Yeah, I would like to see more of these. How do you compare IChO, Mendeleev Olympiad and your National Olympiad by difficulty?

Hi, Rutherford! Sorry for my late reply... (It's really strange that I'm frequently banned from using this forum..)

Generally speaking, IChO problems are the easiest among the three. However, the 45th,46th&47th problems are rather difficult, especially the 46th (which was held in Vietnam)! Moreover,the organic problems of the 46th preparatory problems are NO LESS difficult than any other organic problems which I've met.

In my opinion, Mendeleev tasks and our Chinese Olympiad possess the same difficulty. These two tasks have different emphasis and understanding in the chemistry Olympiad. Mendeleev tasks (more broadly the Russian problems) are more deductive (Which i mean is to "deduce or infer A,B,X..." ). However,Chinese tasks are more profound ,which require a broad knowledge and a solid foundation. Chinese students are required to recite 300 named reactions and many more other knowledge like this. We are also require a lot of mechanisms (Such as Grossman "the art of writing reasonable mechanisms in orgchem"!!!!)

However, Chinese tasks do not require spectroscopy and biochemistry. But we have very very very very difficult crystal problems!!!!!

Some other Chinese tasks i'll translate it later.

By the way,which country do you come from? i'm looking forward to your reply.
I would also rank IChO as easier compared to Mendeleev. I'm sadly too old for IChO now, but I always like to do some brain teasers. I am really curious what you are learning at university in China if you must know all that for high school competition. Good that the host changed, now it's safer for the students. Wish you the first place.

Sponsored Links