April 25, 2024, 04:33:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Pure Ethanol Diagram Phase  (Read 4099 times)

Offline farzadlatifeh

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Pure Ethanol Diagram Phase
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »
Hello dear Chemists
Sorry for English
I am not really pro on physical chem. so please help me I will appreciate you many many times
the question is:
is there any phase diagram for ethanol like water with triple point and so??? (I want to know melting point of Ethanol vs pressure)
if yes, would you mind sending it or post it? ;D
I have searched a lot and could not find anything on the Net. :P
BTW, my main struggle is about melting point of Ethanol under freeze dryer vacuum, our freeze dryer can reach to -45 degree of Celsius and melting point of Ethanol under atmosphere pressure is -144 degree of Celsius, so, is it possible to work with this freeze dryer or not? (the pressure is almost 0.05 bar)

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: Pure Ethanol Diagram Phase
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:54:12 AM »
BTW, my main struggle is about melting point of Ethanol under freeze dryer vacuum, our freeze dryer can reach to -45 degree of Celsius and melting point of Ethanol under atmosphere pressure is -144 degree of Celsius, so, is it possible to work with this freeze dryer or not? (the pressure is almost 0.05 bar)

No, I don't think so.

http://www.labconco.com/news/top-5-lyophilization-mistakes (see example in mistake #1)
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Offline farzadlatifeh

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »

No, I don't think so.

http://www.labconco.com/news/top-5-lyophilization-mistakes (see example in mistake #1)

I see, thanks budy.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 11:29:04 AM »
Wikipedia gives you data about triple point and critical point of ethanol.
AWK

Sponsored Links