April 24, 2024, 08:51:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: TGA doesn't connect to Windows PC  (Read 2233 times)

gurke

TGA doesn't connect to Windows PC
« on: November 24, 2016, 06:17:07 AM »
We have recently bought a thermogravimeter for our lab but it's not connecting to my PC.

On the website, it says that it's supposed to work for Windows operating systems and mine techincally meets all requirements (my OS is Windows 10 64bit). Before anyone asks - yes, I have tried rebooting. A dozen times at least. The software that is included in this runs smoothly, it just says that it's not conntected to anything and tells me to plug in the thermogravimeter even though I already did.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I really need your help, my thesis depends on this!

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
Re: TGA doesn't connect to Windows PC
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:09:51 AM »
It says "The individual software modules exclusively run under Microsoft® Windows® operating systems. The complete software consists of 3 modules: temperature control, data acquisition and data evaluation. The 32 bit software incorporates all essential features for measurement preparation, execution, and evaluation of a Thermogravimetric measurement."

While you are running a newer 64 bit OS that needs different drivers.  I suggest you contact LINSEIS and confirm this will run on Windows 10 and ask about drivers etc.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: TGA doesn't connect to Windows PC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:10:49 AM »
You might have troubled yourself to mention the vendor of the instrument.   For connectivity issues, Agilient's aren't Waters aren't Shimadu's aren't other vendors, as an example.  For results with the same sample, sure, all instruments are somewhat equivalent, but this is hardware.

[ETA]  Ah, I see the link now.

Generally, the vendor provides a functional PC. and connects it, for industry or university setup.  But maybe, for some reason, you're on your own.  But I'd call the vendor.

I don't see why you assume you can use the 64-bit version of Windows, if the software isn't written for that.  That will always fail.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links