March 28, 2024, 07:08:11 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Iron oxide nanoparticles for CO2 conversion to fuels and chemicals  (Read 3091 times)

Offline fb00062

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am a chemistry masters student, currently researching CO2 conversion to fuels and chemicals, I am looking in particular at iron oxide nanoparticles to be used as a catalyst in the Reverse Water Gas Shift reaction, this requires the catalyst to be in the form of a solid, not in aqueous phase. As most nanoparticles are synthesised in aqueous solution, would the morphology and structure of the nanoparticles be impacted by removing them from the solution. The synthesis method being considered is co-precipitation.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Iron oxide nanoparticles for CO2 conversion to fuels and chemicals
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:40:24 AM »
I am a chemistry masters student, currently researching CO2 conversion to fuels and chemicals, I am looking in particular at iron oxide nanoparticles to be used as a catalyst in the Reverse Water Gas Shift reaction,

Awesome.  If you have a peer-reviewed reference for this process, go for it.  This is an esoteric procedure, we may have an expert here to help you, but probably not.  Just bear that in mind.

this requires the catalyst to be in the form of a solid, not in aqueous phase.

Seems clear.

As most nanoparticles are synthesised in aqueous solution,

I don't know how true that is, the could be made in a solvent solution, or by condensing a gas, or grinding a solid, as examples.

would the morphology and structure of the nanoparticles be impacted by removing them from the solution.

Possibly.  Or possibly not.

The synthesis method being considered is co-precipitation.

More specifics would help.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links