April 19, 2024, 10:26:21 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Help with Medical Chemistry Stoichiometry problem?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline xdirew0lf

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Help with Medical Chemistry Stoichiometry problem?
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »
Hey guys. I'm new here. I really need help on understanding how to do some of the questions below. I have a test in 3 days which is why I need help.

1. One can use 5% of salol for disinfection of hands and equipment in laboratory. How can you make 0.5 dm^3 of this solution from the solution of salol of concentration 15%?

2. How many mg of the medicament was given to a patient, if the dose was 5cm^3 of 5mg% solution of medicament? Calculate % and promille concentrations of the solution of the medicament.

3. How many ml of medicament solution should be given to a pateient of weight 20kg (correct dose 15mg/kg), if 200mg of medicament was dissolved in 5cm^3 of solution.

4. Medicament was prepared in the form of 0.4% solution and it was 10-times diluted. Patient received 120mg of medicament given in three doses. How many mg of medicament and how many cm^3 of solution was given in one dose?

Please explain how to do it. Your help will mean a lot.

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
Re: Help with Medical Chemistry Stoichiometry problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 05:19:11 PM »
As per forum rules, please show what you have tried, and your initial thoughts

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Help with Medical Chemistry Stoichiometry problem?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »
A careful application of units cancellation is necessary but not always sufficient to solve problems like these.

Sponsored Links