April 19, 2024, 01:35:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Plant harmones  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Sambo123

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Plant harmones
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »
Hello every one,
 I don't have a science background, and I am doing this research on my farm

I am facing a problem with mixing up Brassinolide, forchlorfenuron, kinetin together for my own research to take trials on Grape Berry's,
   Here is what I did for making 1 kg solution:
   Brassinolide.      - 0.5gm
   Kinetin.                - 1 gm
   Forcholrfenuron - 1gm
   KOH.                     - 50 gms
   Aceton.                -  50 gms
   Water.                  -  897.5 GMs

I dissolved brassinolide in water then after adding KOH I put kinetin in it and stirred till it get dissolved (having a kineting dissolving issue, some chuncks does not dissolve completly),

I took acetone in separate flask and added fircholfenuron in it, after it dissolved I added this solution to the first solution of brassinolide + water + KOH + kinetin.
           Here is what happened small chunks was seen at the bottom they were very much look like either brassinolide or forchlorfenuron,
   So did some research on web for common solvent for all these three and found out these three can be dissolved in DMSO, whether DMSO has side effect on plant?      while browsing I also got into intermolecular and intramolecular thing about atoms, I also tried looking up about the product which I am using but got nowhere.

So need bit technical suggestions
  Is Brassinolide, Forcholrfenuron, and kinetin can be added togheter if YES,
 Then what solvent should be used
Thanks

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Plant harmones
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:52:35 AM »
Briefly, if you're experimenting with plant hormones, you should try to work from some sort of reference, and follow its solution prep exactly.  That way, you avoid random bad results from the co-solvents you choose.  You should be adding just enough KOH, alcohol, DMSO etc to make a strong solution of hormone, called your stock solution, and dilute with water to vanishing small amounts.  You can also test plain water, with the co solvents in the same amounts, on another plant to see if it has an effect, bad or good.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links