April 25, 2024, 01:24:21 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I Need help with mixing lie and peroxide - non chemist here  (Read 2152 times)

Offline crtt

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I Need help with mixing lie and peroxide - non chemist here
« on: February 05, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
i need help i'm trying to make ozonated olive oil soap

i make ozonated olive oil on a regular bases

i can make soap also

but issue i'm haveing is i make my water+lye solution that is needed for soap then i add in my ozonated olive oil and that is when trouble starts (from my understanding when i make ozonated olive oil (and it is strong paste like as a finished product but can me warmed upped to make it back into liquid) from reading i think that the ozone + olive oil creates hydrogen peroxide

out of about 20 tries i have been somewhat successful twice.

things i done -
would put my lye water in refrigerator until very cold, would have my oil as cold as possible to still be liquid

usual results - mixture will get hot one time very hot and melted heavy plastic bowl, some times after i lightly mixed the 2 it will heat up.

the 2 times when i was successful the soap never really cured/dried
i been using normal calculations for the water lye ratio as i would have i been making regular olive oil soap

can i put the lye water in freezer and make it colder as to not have this explosive reaction?  maybe put lye/water mixture container inside another container that i fill with water and the outside container is froze solid before i try adding in my oil?

any and all help would be appreciated.

Offline Dan

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +469/-72
  • Organic Chemist
    • My research
Re: I Need help with mixing lie and peroxide - non chemist here
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:34:04 AM »
Sorry, don't discuss preparation of DIY medicines or cosmetics on the forums:

Quote from: Forum Rules
Due to their potential health hazards, we will also not help you prepare your own medicines or cosmetics.
My research: Google Scholar and Researchgate

Sponsored Links