March 28, 2024, 05:47:40 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Gas Instrumentation  (Read 2414 times)

Offline ervays

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Gas Instrumentation
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
Hi,

I'm working on a project about gas concentration and gas sensors. I wonder how can I make/get/buy a sort of sealed box to measure gas concentration.

I need to control temperature, humidity. I also need to introduce gas inside with some sensors.

Is there anything where I can start with? Like the name of the machine that Professional laboratories uses for this kind of things or maybe some link or idea.

I really appreciate all the help u can offer. I'm kinda lost with this.

Kind Regards

Carlton

Re: Gas Instrumentation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »
There are various sensors for various gases. There is no universal detector that will tell you the concentration of any and every gas known to man. So the first question is: what gases are you looking to detect?

You also might want to give some more thought to your experimental setup. Your current notion of a sealed box that somehow also can have gases added to it and also contains a detector sounds like a very expensive custom build. Measurement in a steady-state flow may be easier. (Edit: or sampling of a steady-state flow)

Offline militarymaid

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: Gas Instrumentation
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 01:42:05 AM »
If you want to measure concentration the cheapest way possible is to stick a thermocouple inside, keep pressure constant and use an equation of state to measure concentration of a component in the bulk.

Sponsored Links