April 19, 2024, 05:45:05 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Maltodextrin Information  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Mousetastic

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Maltodextrin Information
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am currently a High School IB (International Baccalaureate) student who is struggling with the Chemistry IA (Internal Assessment). I realize that more help could be found on the IB forum but I believe the specific part I need to know would be more relevant here. My research topic is how maltodextrin is used and how it reacts when used in food items such as sodas, gravy, and chips. The problem here is how I would find ANY information at all on how maltodextrin reacts with these specific food products. I can't exactly do any experimenting so the only thing I can use as of right now are databases. I am literally tearing out my head right now and dying from the stress so any help would be gladly accepted! Thank you all!

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: Maltodextrin Information
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
Think about Maillard reaction
AWK

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Maltodextrin Information
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 06:43:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am currently a High School IB (International Baccalaureate) student who is struggling with the Chemistry IA (Internal Assessment). I realize that more help could be found on the IB forum but I believe the specific part I need to know would be more relevant here.

Uh ... Okay.

My research topic is how maltodextrin is used and how it reacts when used in food items such as sodas, gravy, and chips.

A good topic.

The problem here is how I would find ANY information at all on how maltodextrin reacts with these specific food products.

This is a very common food additive, so I have to suspect you haven't tried hard enough.  A problem: maybe there isn't a reaction?  Not everything mixed is a reaction.

I can't exactly do any experimenting

Can't you?  I have an idea:  find the same food, one with maltodextrin, and one without.  Buy each.  Look.  Taste.  And report on that.

so the only thing I can use as of right now are databases.

Databases of what?  Reactions of foodstuffs?  Those may not exist.  Or may be so esoteric yopu may not find them.

I am literally

Code: [Select]
lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
adverb: literally

in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

tearing out my head right now

Ohmigohd.  Most people stop with their hair.  Please don't pull at your head, you will damage neck muscles and bones.

and dying from the stress

I suspect you'll survive this.

so any help would be gladly accepted! Thank you all!

Glad to help.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links