April 23, 2024, 03:01:49 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Attachment of Thionine to Carboxylic Acid  (Read 1484 times)

Offline MCResonance

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Attachment of Thionine to Carboxylic Acid
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »
Hi everyone, I previously posted a similar topic, but there were enough differences in my question to start a new thread. I am still not sure how to directly insert an image into my post, but I will describe the chemical structures the best I can as well as provide the location of where to find the structures.

My goal is to covalently bond thionine to INFUSE 9107. INFUSE 9107 is a olefin block copolymer, essentially a hydrocarbon, and I wish to attach thionine to it by way of its amine group (possibly considered aniline). The polymer would be plasma treated, so an available bond could be carboxylic acid. I was wondering if the carboxylic acid could be reacted with cyanuric acid and then with thionine to create an amide bond between the carboxylic acid and thionine.

Thank you for your help.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
Re: Attachment of Thionine to Carboxylic Acid
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »
Use Steglich esterification. or EDC/NHS if its too hard to get the DCU salt out after Steglich. And you can always upload something to imgur and just link us

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Attachment of Thionine to Carboxylic Acid
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:51:45 AM »
When you compose your message there is an About post formatting... link just above the edit field - follow it and you will find some basic information about how to enter formulas on the forum.

Below the edit field there is a gadget (+Additional Options...) allowing you (between other things) to upload your images to the forum. By default they are displayed right below the post. It is better to upload images here than to host them elsewhere, as this way you can be sure images are displayed whenever the forum works.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links