March 28, 2024, 08:06:22 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: moving the forum  (Read 5680 times)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
moving the forum
« on: March 17, 2017, 08:38:57 AM »
Sometime during the next few days I will be moving the forum to a new server. That will mean in the best case (which I hope for) an hour or two outage, during which forum will be put in the read only mode.

With some luck I will be able to post an additional warning with more precise date/time, but chances are I will just start work the moment I will be ready.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
Re: moving the forum
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:02:30 AM »
OK, I am ready with everything (took longer than expected, I had to partially rebuild the SMILES engine to make the migration possible without losing functionality). Most likely tomorrow will be the day, somewhere around 24 hours from now (±2 or 3 hours, depends on other things).
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 12:43:23 PM »
We are on a new server, please report anything unusual.

Note: for the next few hours if you are not able to visit the forum on some devices it is most likely related to the new IP, it takes a bit of time for the information to spread out to all DNSes. Problem should disappear by itself. You can try to flush out the DNS on your computer and to close and open your browser (in my experience some behave as if the were caching the DNS information on their own).

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »
Here (Germany, Firefox 52, Windows Xp, E8600 and Gf9800gt) it seems to work.

Hey, you should tell eBay how to manage computers! Since a former Microsoft manager is their boss, at every software change some feature is lost.

Sponsored Links