Chemical Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Sponsored links

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chemical Contamination  (Read 452 times)

CheesyBurritobro

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemical Contamination
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »

Hey fellow peeps, I was wondering how chemicals in general dont contaminate general places and items, considering how much we mess around with them in labs and factories all over the world. Like how many people just randomly leave lab without washing their hands and touch public doors and money afterwards. Do high risk chemicals dilute over time in the air or something?

Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1550/-389
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Chemical Contamination
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »

First of all, define "chemicals" - you are aware of the fact you are made of "chemicals", aren't you?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info, pH-meter.info

Arkcon

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +477/-135
Re: Chemical Contamination
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:14 AM »

Like Borek: Said, your question is so general, it almost has no meaning.  However, every laboratory, from high school up to commercial labs, has policies regarding how to keep common areas clean, and labs free from outside contamination.

In fact, any work place does the same.  No one is permitted to fold sweaters at a garment store while eating a sandwich with their free hand, as an extreme example.
That all depends on how reasonable we're all willing to be.  I just want my friends back, except for Cartman, you can keep him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Mitch Andre Garcia's Chemical Forums 2003-Present.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.