March 28, 2024, 06:59:39 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Some insecticide for garden  (Read 2146 times)

tymon

Some insecticide for garden
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
Hello guys,

I am just new on the phorum, so please, dont punish me, if there was already same question... :-)

But... we just bought with my wife nice big garden and we want to build there a house. But, the place is just next to the forest and there is a lot of tick-bugs and we are really scared of borreliosis. I found, that it is possible to kill those bugs with insecticide contains permethrine.

Here is my question: where is possible to buy clear permethrine? I would like to prepare 1% water and spray whole the garden. We have only dog, no cats and there is no lake / pond in around.. I think this should be safe

Thank you all in advance for all the replies!

Ladislav

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Some insecticide for garden
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »
We don't offer opinions on safety here, due to liability.

If you intend to spray a very large area of your property with insecticide, you should first inquire whether you are allowed to do that where you live. My opinion is that if you are intending to treat a very large area, you should contact an expert, because they will know what laws and ordinances apply, and will also know what is an appropriate insecticide that is safe and effective, what concentration to use, how much to spray, and so forth. Generally professional pest control is not very expensive.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links