April 20, 2024, 10:33:28 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Benzoylecgonine in trace amounts.  (Read 2238 times)

username123

Benzoylecgonine in trace amounts.
« on: June 29, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
I am in desperate need of clarification and help. Recently, i was informed by the office of children's services that my child had a positive umbilical cord blood test for cocaine.. (says benzoylecgonine). This test was done 1.5 years ago and this is the first i am hearing of it. I have since retained a lawyer and am fighting this with every cent i have in my life savings. (Obviously I am 1000000000% positive this was a mistake/contamination/false positive on the hospitals part, as i have never touched cocaine in my life)

My question is... The "screen cutoff" on the labwork says .5 ng/g, and i tested at .6 ng/g... so what does that mean? Isn't that considered a "trace amount"? And if so, is it possible that anything else in this world could have contributed to this positive?
Help please! This is very time sensitive, and I'm really stressed out.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Benzoylecgonine in trace amounts.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
I don't know the answer to your question, but the reported amount seems to be just above the cutoff, and I would be tempted to call it a trace amount on that basis.  There have been a number of threads over the years here on this general subject; for example: http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=80017.msg291522#msg291522

Sponsored Links