March 29, 2024, 04:53:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: (Polyamide(?))Resin for dye based marker ink  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Johnny B.

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
(Polyamide(?))Resin for dye based marker ink
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:07 AM »
Greetings,

I have a small business in art supplies and i'm trying to formulate my own alcohol based dye ink for use in marker pens, specifically for graffiti/street art purposes.
So I started my venture by ordering some different kinds of basic dyes(ex. malachite green, methyl violet 2b), planning to add them to a mixture of isopropanol, water and some kind of (polymer)resin/binder/additive with adhesion and weather-proof qualities. While searching for a resin/binder, I quickly realized it was not that easy for me to find out what resin would suit the purpose of this ink. After some extensive research, reading countless patents for similar products and articles filled with text I barely understand, I came to the conclusion that I might need some help with this one..    I'm aiming for a durable and all-round-resistant(weather, solvents etc.) end product.

I would greatly appreciate any help or push in the right direction. Thanks!

-Johnny

gagepoon

Re: (Polyamide(?))Resin for dye based marker ink
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:15 AM »
I believe one option is to use Basic Violet 10, as it is a chemical compound and a dye. It is often used as a tracer dye within water to determine the rate and direction of flow and transport. Rhodamine dyes fluoresce and can thus be detected easily and inexpensively with instruments called fluorometers. Rhodamine dyes are used extensively in biotechnology applications such as fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and ELISA. The other is Polyurethane Resin ALX™ -F polyurethane resin, is mainly used for no benzene ketone intaglio printing ink connection material, is a kind of high performance polyurethane ink resin, no benzene class and ketone solvents.

For more information sharing chemical and molecular structure of Basic Violet 10

Sponsored Links