March 19, 2024, 12:15:12 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Engineers: Introduce Yourself  (Read 331870 times)

Offline militarymaid

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: Engineers: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
Alright I am finishing my chemical engineering degree at UNAM and now I need some way to keep reminding me to flex my other engineering muscles since specialization is due happening once you finish.

Right now I am working in two simulators using stochastic methods to solve deposition of wax crystals and greenhouse gas treatment (I wish I could say more but this is as much as I am allowed to say).

I love transport phenomena and thermodynamics (seemingly I am the only guy in my generation who likes Bird's brick hahaha!).

Also since half of my thesis is based in process design I can handle Aspen Plus fairly well (still need some training in ChemCad and HYSYS).

Also if someone feels like a question is way too trivial to be asked you can e-mail me personally and I will do my best to answer.

Offline rahimi.kd06

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »
Good day all engineers,

I am Senior Manager for Engineering & Services Department for my company. Hold bachelor degree in Biochemical Engineering. I eager to develop networking and relationship with all of you.

Thanks

Offline Nishadholakiya

• Very New Member
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2017, 05:02:27 AM »
Hello guys,

I am a doc student at Czech republic. I am involved in multiple areas to combine in chemical engineering field as a part of my PhD. Which Includes, Energetic materials reactions, safety in energetic material laboratory, artificial Intelligence, VR, mobile game learning, constructivist learning theories, pedagogy and much more..

recently I need to clear my exam for first year and need to go through some assignment of mathematical modeling for heat and mass transfer, I would love to get help if some one is good in this area.

Wishes,
Nisha

Offline shashikant

• Very New Member
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2017, 04:18:56 AM »
Hi..
I am in 4th year of chemical engineering B.tech from Indian Institute of technology,Mumbai,India.
Hope this forum will help me and vice-verca... :) :) :)

Offline Sebastiao

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »
Hi people,

From Portugal, working a solvent distillation factory

Offline ibrahimshaik@india

• Very New Member
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »
hello all..

this is ibrahim shaik from india,
mtech in chemical engineering
working as process engineer in pharmaceuticals.

Offline GentryMillMan

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am not a Chemical Engineer.... yet. I am still an undergrad  :(

I recently got back into school as I have spent the last 17 years first as a Marine Technician (10 years), and then moving full time into HVAC (7 years).  Between these two fields I have come to the conclusion that what I prefer to deal with is temperature change, chemicals, machines, and problem solving.  What I want to get away from is dealing with whiny customers. lol

I still have a long way to go, and will likely have a lot of questions as I go.  I love to tinker, although I am sure that is probably a dirty word around here.  I have performed many home experiments and have many more planned as well as a few invention ideas that I am hoping to get some testing done on.

I will apologize in advance if I throw out some ideas that seem uneducated or poorly worded, I have no problems with stumbling while learning to walk and welcome any advice anyone can ever give me.

Thanks
Gentry

Offline Statocon

• Very New Member
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »
Hydro-metallurgical organic chemistry is my field, though I don't have a degree or anything... Trying to learn more to be an asset to my company.

Offline ShKinetics

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »
Hello Experts,

I am a Chemistry student who loves the subject and always wanted to make a career in the field. I am currently in USA and want to work here in future. I have completed my education in India and have the following degree.

Master of Sciences (M.Sc) - Chemistry (From Nagpur University, India) Specialization in Physical Chemistry.

Can you please suggest me on how to approach this. Would you suggest me to take up a masters degree in USA. If yes, then what are the best courses that are available. Also, what are the best jobs that are out there for  chemistry majors.

Any advise is appreciated!

Regards,
SH

Offline arso96

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2019, 02:43:23 PM »
Hello guyes, i'm Arso, i'm preparing a master's degree in chemical engineering, very happy to be among the team
regards

Offline visviva

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2020, 03:01:40 PM »
Cheers!

Thank you for letting me into your illustrious forum. I'm a simple EE engineer with experience in computer science and digital hardware, and I'm trying to learn more about physics as I grow older, it seems kind of important if you want to understand more of the world we live in. I'm concentrating on classical physics and slowly starting to explore more about the quantum stuff.

Klaus Z

Offline SDBrunia

• Very New Member
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »
Hello fellow engineers,

My name is Simon and I am studying Chemical engineering in Groningen in the Netherlands. Because I started 3 years ago but had a short break I am here to ask some hints regarding homework and learn some new stuff.

Simon,

Offline theycallmevirgo

• Very New Member
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:53 AM »
Hey everybody!

I'm Joe. I'm an EE Tech Undergrad at Community College in NYC area. Interests include electrochemisty, battery chemistry, and mechatronics.

Offline mikefot

• Very New Member
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »
Dear All,

I am originally a biochemist who did a Ph D in Xray-crystallography.  I did a postdoc in it and then one in computational enzymology.

Eventually I ran my own my own business for a while but have not been doing much with it for a number of years. 

I have got interested in chemical engineering as a result of this.

It would be very helpful to check that assumptions I have about certain topics are correct.  This would be very helpful to me.  If I could present them carefully and then people on the site would be kind enough to critique them that would be very useful.  A problem I have is in explaining certain concepts to others who really would benefit from a better understanding of them that I interact with quite commonly.  I think the site might help me a little with this.

Regards

Michael F

Offline masangui

• Very New Member
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Mariano and I am from Argentina. I am an electronics engineer, but I have interest in engineering in general, including mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering. I have 25 years of experience in engineering and I was a hardware development manager, for more that 15 years, in a multinational company in charge of electronics and mechanical developments. Now, I work for a printed circuit board manufacturer in which manufacturing, as you probably know, there are a lot of chemical processes involved.

Regards,
Mariano

Sponsored Links