April 25, 2024, 06:50:28 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Dissolve insect amino acids/proteins permanently in water.  (Read 2976 times)

Offline BrianK

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Dissolve insect amino acids/proteins permanently in water.
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
Hello.
Is it possible to extract proteins/ amino acids from crickets or mealworms and dissolve the protein in water permanently?
It should be still enable and not toxic!!.

I would really need help and find a cheap commercial useable methode to find a way of producing insect protein that is tasteless and permanently disposable in water.

Get plans of how I can do it commercial.
Plans thought everything is fine.

Nice regards
Brian K.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Dissolve insect amino acids/proteins permanently in water.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:01:24 AM »
Hi there, BrianK:, I'd like to welcome you to the chemical forums, and I'm sorry your question hasn't gotten much attention lately.  I'll try to take your question, point by point, and let's see if we can reach something that will help you.

Hello.
Is it possible to extract proteins/ amino acids from crickets or mealworms

Yes.  We make these sorts of things all the time.  We use other animal sources, and call it gravy, when cooking.  For scientific applications, we may extract, and then purify.  Which one do you want?  You will get a different answer for each case.

and dissolve the protein in water permanently?

This is an odd construct that you have here.  Proteins sometimes dissolve in water, and sometimes precipitate out.  There are many other concerns.  Its hard to know exactly what you mean, and I'm left wondering is you're assuming something, that is incorrect, and will just state it later.

It should be still enable and not toxic!!.

Edible and not toxic?  I guess.  OK.  Again, my gravy example above, applies in this case.

I would really need help and find a cheap commercial useable methode to find a way of producing insect protein that is tasteless and permanently disposable in water.

You want gravy. 

Get plans of how I can do it commercial.
Plans thought everything is fine.

Nice regards
Brian K.

Do people want insect sourced protein supplements?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:14:20 AM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links