March 28, 2024, 07:45:49 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: My thread was deleted?  (Read 10592 times)

Offline dew3554

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
My thread was deleted?
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:29 AM »
I know that I was sent a warning for it, but I'll explain my side of it on private message if whoever deleted my thread would pm me, thanks.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: My thread was deleted?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:30:19 AM »
Your posts are chronicled here: http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?action=profile;u=188827

The warning you have references other issues, and points you to your posting that was moved.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline dew3554

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »
I sent Borek a very detailed message, I still dont understand why I can't learn though :l

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »
Hi there.  Since you've brought it up here, in this sub-forum, for everyone to know about, -- why not, then, post what you have to say, for everyone to see, and comment on.

As it stands so far, this post says "My post was deleted"

Well it wasn't.

"Well, it was locked.  And I'm unhappy.  Because reasons.  Someone knows."

If you have something to share with the group, this could be a useful thread for everyone.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:27 PM »
From a quick browse of the thread in question, I assume it was because you were asking how to synthesize 2-Aminoindane, an amphetamine analogue, and we don't help people make drugs here.

Offline dew3554

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
2-AI is not an amphetamine analog. It's a whole different group. I'll post the private message that I sent to Borek because I'm pressed for time right now.

"I understand why you removed my post, since my first post was against the rules. It was pure curiosity at best and I'd never try to synthesize psychoactive drugs (yes, 2-Aminoindane is legal currently), which is why I thought I'd research it.

If I really was going to synthesize narcotics, I definitely wouldn't use my real IP adress whilst accessing the site, or use same username as I do for other sites and definitely I wouldn't use my real name on a post.

Chemistry has always been a passion of mine, however my knowledge of the subject in matter extends to that of covalent bonding, atomic charges and ionic compounds. I have no intentions nor the equipment or knowledge to synthesize any illegal drug.

A youtuber by the name of Nilered, if you haven't heard of him, he does all sorts of crazy syntheses, which has inspired me to start learning.

I have good intentions with chemistry as I aspire to be a chemist one day, I dream of acheiving a degree in organic chemistry. Hopefully I get to work in a lab one day.

You seem to be very well versed in the subject, and I have a lot of respect for that, which is why I'm going to ask you the same question as I asked on my previous thread.

Where do I start? There are so many different aspects to the molecular make-up of chemicals, and how changing one single functional group in a chemical can change it's properties completely. Your answer would be most helpful, thank you."

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 07:53:40 PM »
I apologize, it is a "pre-analogue" and still a psychoactive stimulant compound. It in fact bears much more structural similarity to MDMA (break open the alkyl ring, monomethylate the amine, and add an methyl acetal to the benzene ring and you have MDMA, do less and you're in the same family of powerful psychoactives).

If you saw the number of people we see coming here to ask about drugs, then you would have great cause for suspicion too. The library of characterized chemical compounds is rich and varied. If you want to participate in our community, we will be happy to discuss at length virtually anything aside from psychoactive compounds and their use, synthesis, and ways to pass drug tests.

Offline dew3554

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
Interesting, I didn't know that 2-aminoindane and MDMA had that much in common, and I didn't know the two were linked in any way. apart from the benzyl ring.

I'm being completely honest about that post being curiosity, though I don't see any point in synthesizing psychoactive substances as it's a massive risk for me and nothing that I even want to do.

I'm just a little shocked that an unrelated post that I made over 6 months ago has anything to do with a question asked recently.

As I said I've always been interested in chemistry ever since I was 10-11 years old and it's just been something I never really got good at and I'd simply like to rekindle my ambitions.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »
2-Aminoindane (2-AI) is a psychoactive drug and research chemical with stimulant properties. It is a rigid pre-analogue of amphetamine and partially substitutes for it in rat discrimination tests.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-Aminoindane

That took me two seconds to search.  And we have Organic Chemistry experts who can find more obscure things.  Your repeated "I had no idea ..." and "No its not ..." are simply too weak an argument.

Your question is too abstract, and then suddenly too specifically geared towards synthesis associated with drugs, to really be ignored.  I really wish you'd just stop doing this -- ask a question that builds on a topic you understand, and we can move forward.  Only 6 to 8 years at a university are needed to get as far as you want.  Its just not appropriate to expect less work, for any reason.

Offline dew3554

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 12:14:27 AM »
I give up, all I asked is where I should go after learning about functional groups- IF I wanted to synth anything I'd google it, why bother learning it when it's already there. I want to figure out how synthesis works on paper, not practically. That question had NOTHING in relation to my first post. I think you guys are just singling me out because of a post I had made a long time ago.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »
Well you can't really just Google that stuff easily.

But anyways, I would learn about basic substitution reactions.

Offline dew3554

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:41:31 AM »
Thankyou, I did look on google for an half hour and I couldn't find anything, I remember seeing a site a while back but I couldn't remember how I got to it.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »
OK, this is enough.  Start another thread, that follows our rules, that isn't also so abstract that it can't be answered without breaking the rules, and your skills may grow.

*Topic Locked*

Sponsored Links