March 28, 2024, 07:07:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Azagraphenes  (Read 5445 times)

Offline ElinaHK

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Azagraphenes
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:14:55 AM »
Hello, I was assigned with a research for azagraphenes, and to begin with, I would like to ask if azagraphene is the same as n-graphene? Furthermore, any additional help, resources and information is much appreciated.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Azagraphenes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
Greetings, ElinaHK:, I'd like to welcome you and everyone new to the Chemical Forums,  but I want to ask you to review our Forum Rules{click}.  You already accepted the rules when you signed up for our forum, and you have to follow them, whether you agree with them or not, or even if you're unaware of them.

We don't dump complete answers on this forum, we like to help you learn to help yourself.  Let's get started.

Here's a reference I found by Googleing.  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305472796_Hetero-Carbon_Nanostructures_as_the_Effective_Sensors_in_Security_Systems

It describes the similarities and differences quite well in the abstract.  To make a useful report, or to begin research, you'll have to do more work, yourself, on your own.  What have you found?

Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline ElinaHK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:44:09 AM »
Hello, thank you for answering on my post.
This is the one that I found too, but I cant have just one reference. All the things that I found are from the same person.
English is not my mother language, that's why I asked if its the same the azagraphene and n graphene.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:59:31 PM by Arkcon »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »
If you scroll down that page, you'll find similar papers by other people.

If you read the papers, they'll have a bibliography, and those papers will be by other people, discussing more basic concepts, and similar concepts.

I hope reading that abstract has given you the definition of the terms you need.  If not, I don't see how you can solve your problem.  If you don't want a reference, how will you write a paper -- you can't say, "this guy, on the chemical forums, 'Arkon', said ..."

Nano chemistry is still a new field, not many people have the answers you need.  You may have to work with only a few references.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:01:33 AM »
Looks to me to be just the carbon nitride equivalent of graphene (or reduced graphene oxide).
I don't think this name azagraphene is in common usage at this point, which may be why you are having trouble finding stuff about it. Try looking for information on graphitic carbon nitride, particularly exfoliated forms (i.e., the graphene equivalent).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphitic_carbon_nitride
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline ElinaHK

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:49:21 AM »
thank you for the comment, it is much appreciated, this is the kind of help I needed, just a direction to start with.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:59:08 PM by Arkcon »

Sponsored Links