March 28, 2024, 11:30:34 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Please Help Me Cure My Dogs Baldness  (Read 2129 times)

Offline alkadelic

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Please Help Me Cure My Dogs Baldness
« on: March 25, 2018, 03:38:00 AM »
Hello, I used to do chemistry in my early 20's as a hobby. Now 34, I'm a little rusty but still have my old lab equipment and wanted to put it for good use. Our family chihuahua has gone bald. To the point where we don't include Wifi our dog, in FB pictures because he takes all the attention when people make fun of our poor baby. I want to grow his hair back so that by this Christmas my family members don't call him out and get him back on the family portrait. The problem is that I keep reading online that regular rogaine takes up to a year to get the full results we're needing.

So I want to create my own concentrated solution. I found a few companies that sell 30% minoxidil online for human use with extremely fast results but extremely expensive. I've also seen actual pharmacist (I hope) on youtube also preparing solutions as high as 30% for their patients with serious baldness. So this is why I'm aiming at this concentration. I just need a little bit of help.

Here is what I have currently.

100 grams of pure minoxidil crystalized powder.
8 oz of propylene glycol
alcohol
H20

The biggest beaker I have is 500 ml. Still have the old hotplate magnetic stirrer with bar.

I'm needing to know:

1. How much alcohol, water and propylene glycol I need to create a 30% solution.
2. For how long should I dilute the solution for?
3. Will I need to add heat at any point?

Any help is greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Please Help Me Cure My Dogs Baldness
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:59:08 AM »
Sorry, per forum rules we don't help in medicine preparation.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links