April 24, 2024, 12:32:46 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How does Functional group of organic compound affects to the anti-achei test  (Read 4258 times)

Offline pallidol

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi guys. I recently doing anti-acetylcholinesterase (Achei) test using my organic synthesized compound.

The compounds have functional group either an ester, alcohol or amine.

How does the presence of the functional group affect the anti-achei enzymatic study?

tq beforehand.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
It is a forum policy that you must share your thoughts before we can help you.  In addition, your question would be helped by more detail.  There are enzymatic assays for acetylcholinesterase, but your wording suggests that you are interested in an antibody test.  Do you have a link to this test?  Also if you could provide the structure of your compound, that might help.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:12:23 AM by Babcock_Hall »

Offline pallidol

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi Babcock_Hall, I am apologize for my misconduct attitude.

I am doing anti-achei (enzymatic study) of pyrrolidine-type compound. The compound are varied in the substitutions pattern.

So their IC50  are different base on the nature of the substitution. May you suggest any reading for me to refer so that i can know the correlation of the IC50 value and the specific functional group of the compound. 

I am new in the bioassay area. So any help would be much appreciated. tq

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
I have only done a little reading on acetylcholinesterase and nothing that seems to be relevant.

Sponsored Links